Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 5:25:15 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting a Remington 870 and I was wondering what length barrel to get. My dad has a 28" 870 and I like it a good bit but I was thinking of something shorter. I like the look of the 18" synthetic with the mag extension but I don't know if the accuracy would be affected. All I'm really gonna use it for is skeet shooting and just random "feel like shooting something" days. Maybe the occasional duck hunt if I ever decide to go. Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
18" might be a little short for that.
Not because of any loss of "accuracy" but because for those types of shooting, longer barrels "point" better.

For what you want, a barrel from 22" to 24" inches would be good, especially if it's set up for screw in chokes.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top