Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 9:09:55 AM EDT
I'm trying to order an AR buttstock for my N.E.F. and I'm not sure if it takes the remington style or mossberg style or the winchester style stock.  I heard it is pretty much interchangable with the remington 870, but I'm not sure.

I believe the only thing that matters when changing the stock is the size of the screw that holds the buttstock on, and I read winchester, remington, and mossberg all have different size screws.

Can anyone help me on this?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:16:25 AM EDT
[#1]
It is made by Hawk Industries. Hawk partnered with NEF to import the guns. Hawk in basically the old Norinco HD shotguns under a new name. Advanced Technology stocks will fit. They have a spacer included to help.

tac
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this stock made for the NEF or is it the Remington stock that fits?

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump, I just acquired one of these an am looking for a more "tactical" friendly stock.  Anything good that fits? Also whats the best way to mount a surefire light on this. (yes, this is low budget trunk gun)
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive had the older Hawk/ Norinco shotguns. I have also used Remington 870 accessories on them. The stock bolt is METRIC thread pitch (5MM I think). I retapped the receiver stud for the Remington 870 bolt. You could also try to find the correct bolt. I had no luck finding one......

Also, the pump tube is slightly larger in diameter. I ended up cracking a Ramline forend trying to change it out. I got a Speedfeed to fit by sanding the inside of the fore stock. Sidesaddles will work. Jumbo head safties will work with a little fitting.  Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top