Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 11:22:00 PM EDT
hello i just purchased the high rail mesa tactical ar adapter..the 870 already has a shell holder ergo grip and eotech ready to go...i just need the stock...the stock i was looking at originally was the ace skeleton stock in full size....i got to thinking and i thought that it might seem a little long so then i started looking at the shorty skeleton, with that i started thinking that it might be too short ...i know most of you would say get a collapsable and call it a day but i want something really sturdy...which would be a better stock full length or shorty and why? or if you happen to know of another great stock for me to try let me know...thanks in advance
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:42:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Funny you should mention the Ace Skeleton stock.  Those are my favorite AR stocks and on the odd occasion when I contemplate installing an AR type stock on my 870, I always envision it with an Ace Skeleton stock.

I don't like collapsible stocks.  Its not the fear that they will collapse when I don't want them to, it's more that they just feel funny... they feel "loose" and not "tight".

It might help you to know what length of pull (LOP) feels best for you and then choose the Ace stock that gives you that LOP when the mesa tactical adapapter and everything else is in place.  The Ace products have several butt plates/pads of varying thickness so between the two sizes of stocks and the several pad thicknesses, you should be able to get the right LOP.

I would love to see a picture of you shotgun with the Mesa Tactical and Ace Skeleton stock installed!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:13:24 AM EDT
[#2]
We've never seen one on one of our AR Adapter set-ups, but we've long been very interested in the Sully Stock.  It's a fixed shorty style stock, probably perfect for tactical shotgun use, especially with body armor.  It is fully compatible with our High-tube set-ups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top