Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2005 4:20:38 PM EDT
Anyone else ever deal with them. I had my mother order me a speed feed IV stock set for my mossberg 500. Well I got it today because today is christmass. I took the stock off my shotgun witch happens to be brand new and put the stock on it fits kind of weird it looks like there is a extra cunk of plastic on it but im like ok it fells fine. Then I go to put the forend on and im like well. It slid on was a tight fit then I go to put the nut back on that holds it in and it turns out it wont go in because the gab between the threads and the end of the forend is like and inch so I figured it must slide down. Well it wont slide down.

After a while like two hours to see if i could slider the forend on threw the back of the pump I give up I figured they sent me one for a different shotgun. Like someone switched the parts out of the box and put them in a different one and never relabled it. So i look down the forend and see what looks like someone tried to scrape the inside out a little bit.

So I'm gonna guess someone returned this and on the stock there was some white stains and a few marks.

I told my mother and she said to put it in the box and call them monday. So after a while I go back to the arizonagunrunner's web site and start looking around and I see a advanced technology stock set and then I go and grab the forend they sent me and it looks like the advanced technology one so I check other places to see if it is just a picture and nope it isn't thats the one advanced technology makes and the forend looks nothing like a speedfeed one. So it turns out they sent me a speed feed IV stock and a advanced technology forend. They charged me 79 dollars after shiping. Tommrow i'm gonna call them and ask them if they will take it back and send me a new one.

This is a link to the picture of the AT stock set and thats the forend they sent me.

Funny thing is the advanced tech forend is made for a mossberg 500 why it doesn't doesn't make any sense. If it did i wouldn't care. I also would have never noticed. It does say may not fit some mossberg 500s because of design revisions on the web page under the link above.

Does anyone have a speedfeed set on a new mossberg 500.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I called them today and they said they will send me a new set.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry I didn't see your post sooner, but I was writing an email to Arizona Gun Runner trying to straighten out another screwed up order (no, I'm not making that up!).  This is the 3rd and last screw up from them!

I think the basic problem is that Gary Lovetro needs to get some reading glasses AND WEAR THEM when he is filling orders.  On my latest order the inventory number was a "SPG..." and he sent me an SRG.  Then, he sent me 7 shell holders when I ordered 2, and 2 barrel clamps when I ordered 7.  Like I said, this is the 3rd time he has screwed up an order for me.  I'm done with him.

I suggest ordering from companies like midway, www.brownells.com/, or even www.outdoormarksman.com/.  I have ordered from all 3 a lot and they have always been golden.

As far as the forend is concerned, the Advanced Technology (ATI) stocks are designed to fit most shotguns with the use of adapters.  Since you didn't actually order that forend, I'm assuming you didn't get any adapters with it.  The other thing I see, do you have a Mossberg 500 or a Maverick?  There is a difference www.atigunstocks.com/items/SFS0400.html

[edit] I just clicked on the link you provided.  There doesn't appear to be any adapters for that forend.  How old is your Moss 500?  There was a change in 1995 in the length of the slide tube (what the forend goes around).  That might be the problem with the fit.

2guntom
454 Casull +
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry to hear it.
I bought my Speedfeed IV-S from Gary as did a buddy of mine and neither one of us had any problems.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
How many times have you ordered from him?  I've ordered from him many times.  He screwed up one time and it got better.  Then he screwed up again by sending me a wrong part.  Then this last order was completely wrong from the getgo.  I've got too many guns that need parts so I can complete and test them.  I used to love AGR, but I refuse to sit around for 3 weeks to get the correct parts when I can get the right parts the first time from MidwayUSA in 3 days.

2guntom
454 Casull +
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have done business with Gary many times and he has been excellent so far.

Always charge me $6 for 3-day shipping.

Sorry to hear you guys have had bad experience at AGR.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#6]
The mossberg 500 is brand new just got it from wal-mart in april. Brand new as in this year. 2005.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The mossberg 500 is brand new just got it from wal-mart in april. Brand new as in this year. 2005.

That is most definately a "new" model then.  That was the wrong part to begin with, so who knows; it may not even be a forend for a Mossberg.

I hope you get the stuff you ordered the first time.

I'm still waiting for resolution on my last order.  
I called and emailed and didn't get a response for many days.  I decided I would just return the entire box at my expense and request a complete refund.  I needed the parts to get my projects completed so I ordered from Midway.  6 hours later AGR contacts me saying they sent the correct item (not items).  I replied and explained that it wasn't just the wrong stock, but the wrong quantities on the other items.  I requested that he send me a return label so I can return everything.  He said there was a return label in the box he just sent with the correct stock and the other parts.  The return label is for the wrong parts that were shipped, not the entire order.  I've just got a funny feeling that he has no intentions of giving me a refund.  

I went to the website and under the terms it says that they "do not encourage returns".  It also talks of a 15% restocking fee.  Now, if I ordered something, then changed my mind and tried to send it back I would understand.  But they screwed up the order!  This is the third time!  I'll give him all his stuff back, and I want my money back.  I just fear that the resolve will be rough.

2guntom
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#8]
2guntom,

If you paid by credit card, now would not be too early to alert your card company.  They can intervene on your behalf and pressure the vendor to make things right.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#9]
AGR has made a few minor goofs on my orders in the past (sent me the wrong model of Leatherman), but he's always willing to fix them.  Reasonable prices and fairly friendly service, but something is definitely missing in the quality control department.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'm still waiting for resolution on my last order.  
I called and emailed and didn't get a response for many days.  I decided I would just return the entire box at my expense and request a complete refund.  I needed the parts to get my projects completed so I ordered from Midway.  6 hours later AGR contacts me saying they sent the correct item (not items).  I replied and explained that it wasn't just the wrong stock, but the wrong quantities on the other items.  I requested that he send me a return label so I can return everything.  He said there was a return label in the box he just sent with the correct stock and the other parts.  The return label is for the wrong parts that were shipped, not the entire order.  I've just got a funny feeling that he has no intentions of giving me a refund.  

I went to the website and under the terms it says that they "do not encourage returns".  It also talks of a 15% restocking fee.  Now, if I ordered something, then changed my mind and tried to send it back I would understand.  But they screwed up the order!  This is the third time!  I'll give him all his stuff back, and I want my money back.  I just fear that the resolve will be rough.

2guntom
AntiAmerican
Destruction

A follow up on the AGR mishap.

I received a box from AGR today (Jan. 4) with the items that were missing from my original order.  Included in the box was a shipping label so I can return the items that I received that I did not order at his expense, not mine.  

Since I was unable to get ahold of him by phone to discuss whether I would be charged a 15% restocking fee or not if I returned everything to him for a full refund, I chose to go ahead and keep what I ordered originally and return the items I didn't.  I don't have time to play around trying to catch him.  I've got entirely too many guns that I am working on, too many parts to check and order, too many other calls to make for ordering parts from outfits that get the order right the first time, and not nearly enough time to get all of this completed in a month.  

The order was placed December 16 and I finally have all my stuff (the RIGHT stuff) January 4.  That's pretty pitiful.  I got tired of waiting in the inbetween time and ordered the items from Midway.  I received the order and WHAT I ordered in just 3 days.  Now that AGR finally got me what I paid for I have extra parts.  At first I was miffed, but thank goodness ATI makes their stocks "universal" via adapters.  I just happen to have a Winchester adapter, and a Winchester shotgun that could use that stock.

All's well that ends well?  Hardly.  I'll eventually put all the parts to good use, but the money could have been spent elsewhere.  3 weeks to finally get what I ordered; that ain't no good!  Bottom line, I'm glad it's over and I feel I came to the best conclusion I could and minimized the headache.  To eliminate further/future headaches, I will not order from Arizona Gun Runner again.

2guntom
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I told him AGR about the wrong forend and he send me a new one and it was the wrong one again. I am not even gonna tell him he fucked up and just never order from him again.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know what happened to them.  They used to be good.  In an email response after I shipped all the stuff back that wasn't mine, he said, "...sorry for the shipping error, they stocked the bins with the wrong items so they were pulled wrong..."

Okay, sure.

I'm glad I didn't do anything to hasty or rash.  That pistolgrip buttstock looks awesome in OD green.  I've got one more coat of OD, then I start the clear.  It should be done by next weekend.  Can't wait!

2guntom
2guntom.com
454 Casull +
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I've found the ATI foregrips are too tight where they slide over the bars; I used a drum sanding attachment on my Dremel to open it up a bit and it slid down into the proper location after that.  Speedfeed is definitely higher quality though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:49:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've found the ATI foregrips are too tight where they slide over the bars; I used a drum sanding attachment on my Dremel to open it up a bit and it slid down into the proper location after that.  Speedfeed is definitely higher quality though.

]

Yeah i ordered a speedfeed. He send me the right stock but he send me the wrong forend twice.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:26:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It's how speedfeed's web site has arizona gun runners as one of there links like there saying order from them

You might want to contact SpeedFeed and make them aware of the problems you had with AGR
www.speedfeedinc.com/?location=contact
I should probably contact Advanced Technology and make them aware also.  AGR has the fullest selection of ATI products that I have found.  Of course, that's completely worthless when you can't get what you order.

These retailers are representitives of the products they sell.  I don't think the manufacturers would appreciate they way AGR is doing business.

2guntom

454 Casull +
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I e-mailed them when I posted the link to the speedfeed site. They didn't say anything yet.

Does anyone have a mossberg 500 with a speedfeed IV set on it that I could see?

or any speedfeed set.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Called him today (Jan 9th) He said that is the only one that comes with it. Well it doesn't fit and thats all I know. So i sat down with my leathermen and carved it out until I could get it to fit. He said call speedfeed. I don't know who is to blame here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#19]
FWIW I have made 2 orders with AGR in the last couple of months and they both were perfect.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#20]
AGR seems to be an okay company.  Prices are good.  Fast shipping.  Never had a problem.  Although i've only used them twice and both times it was for night sights.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Called him today (Jan 9th) He said that is the only one that comes with it. Well it doesn't fit and thats all I know. So i sat down with my leathermen and carved it out until I could get it to fit. He said call speedfeed. I don't know who is to blame here.

I know SpeedFeed has a unique forend design for each make of shotgun.  I've never had one of their forends for a Mossberg.   I have used one of their pistolgrip buttstocks on a Mossberg and was pleased.  Their forends for Winchester are great.  The forend I have on my Remington 870 needed to be relieved at the back because it was dragging on the receiver and scuffing the finish.  Some filing, Dremel-ing, and polishing fixed it.

It wouldn't hurt to contact SpeedFeed and explain what you have experienced.  It would be good to see how their customer service is.

2guntom

454 Casull +
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:02:01 AM EDT
[#22]
I still think it isn't a speedfeed forend. It looks 100% like link at the top where i posted the first time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#23]
You might ask SpeedFeed to send you a picture of the Mossberg forend that they make.  That should clear up any questions.  I would also tell them that the forend you received from AGR doesn't fit.

2guntom

454 Casull +
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top