Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 6:31:29 PM EDT
Brownells has a adapter for a 870, to put a AR Type Stock on It .
Has anybody tried one ?

They are only $ 33.05.
It is a Armstech, T.S.A Stock Adapter.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Brownells has a adapter for a 870, to put a AR Type Stock on It .
Has anybody tried one ?

They are only $ 33.05.
It is a Armstech, T.S.A Stock Adapter.

Thanks

Personal opinion, but collapsible stocks on pump shotguns are not necessarily a good idea.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I gotta agree with NoAim.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:25:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Although very expensive, CavArms and Mesa Tactical both make one. The Armstech stuff I have seen looks like its made of cheap materials and not well thought out.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an Argonaut piece
I love it
Im also waiting for the upcoming
Mesa Tactical unit to comeout
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Although very expensive, CavArms and Mesa Tactical both make one. The Armstech stuff I have seen looks like its made of cheap materials and not well thought out.

Thank you, That is the kind of info I was looking for.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]
[
Personal opinion, but collapsible stocks on pump shotguns are not necessarily a good idea.

WHY?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#7]
hmmm why you ask
because when you pull the trigger it hurts because there is no pad
I dont mind the recoil anymore after shooting the M82
now thats recoil and a wicked blast to boot
i like the collapsible for its really short LOP
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a Mesa Tactical low-rise adapter with an M4 stock, which was on my 870P for awhile.  The recoil is no worse than my Speedfeed III or the factory original wood stock, even with slugs.  If the recoil is too much for you, I'd suggest you consider buying a .410 and leaving the big guns to the folks who can manage them properly.  The only reason it isn't on the 870P any longer is it's eventually going on my SBS.  

The adjustable LOP is great.  Not all shooters are built the same, so it allows for adjusting based on the shooter, or based upon what they might be wearing (body armor, heavy winter clothes).  It also allows for compat storage, such as under a truck seat or in a smaller range case.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
[

WHY?

I've seen them "auto collapse" before whit people who haven't tweaked out the set pin.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#10]
NoAim, That is exactly what I have seen three times. However, ACE looks like it makes an adapter as well. I might consider using a SOCOM 4 stock, But adjust to my LOP and pin it. Although my Choate stock works great for me.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't think a quality stock would "Auto Collapse".

Lancelot ansered my question, what I wanted to know was if the product was a POS or not.

Don't think I will take a chance, I am going to get the Cav Arms, or the Spec Ops.

Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Lancelot ansered my question, what I wanted to know was if the product was a POS or not.

Don't think I will take a chance, I am going to get the Cav Arms, or the Spec Ops.

Thanks for posting.

Well, it's not that the stock breaks. It's the design of the stock. As you kow, the "adjustment handle" just moves a pin. If this pin is too loose, during recoil it will bounce and thus nothing is left to hold the stock open.

But, if you adjust the pin so that it's tight while still engaging the hole, you shouldn't have a problem. But they do work themselves loose from time to time.

I did froget about the ACE stuff. I like theirs.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for posting.

Well, it's not that the stock breaks. It's the design of the stock. As you kow, the "adjustment handle" just moves a pin. If this pin is too loose, during recoil it will bounce and thus nothing is left to hold the stock open.

But, if you adjust the pin so that it's tight while still engaging the hole, you shouldn't have a problem. But they do work themselves loose from time to time.

I did froget about the ACE stuff. I like theirs.

I guess I have been lucky, none of my stocks have ever loosened up, they are all nice and tight.

Anyway, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Im also waiting for the upcoming
Mesa Tactical unit to comeout

Which one is that?  High-tube (with rail) and Low-tube (no rail needed) are both available now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Here are several pictures of me with the Mesa Tactical set-up.

(Pics taken by Oleg Volk.)
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#17]
i believe it was the high tube with the long rail
you sent me prototype pics a few months back
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I had a SST-870 auto collapse with the Cav Arms stock that came with it. The second time I swapped stocks with one of my Ar's. I had an A1 length Ace and it was great to shoot with that on it. I was just glad I had an extra carbine buffer and spring si I could use the collapsible on my Ar. The M4 stock works perfectly on my carbine, but the jump of the 870 recoil made it collapse.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:15:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
i believe it was the high tube with the long rail
you sent me prototype pics a few months back

That's the FCAM.  We'll show a version for the Benelli M4 at the Marine West and SHOT Shows in January and February.  The Remington 870 version still awaits a good front bracket design.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have a Mesa Tactical low-rise adapter with an M4 stock, which was on my 870P for awhile.  The recoil is no worse than my Speedfeed III or the factory original wood stock, even with slugs.  If the recoil is too much for you, I'd suggest you consider buying a .410 and leaving the big guns to the folks who can manage them properly.  The only reason it isn't on the 870P any longer is it's eventually going on my SBS.  

The adjustable LOP is great.  Not all shooters are built the same, so it allows for adjusting based on the shooter, or based upon what they might be wearing (body armor, heavy winter clothes).  It also allows for compat storage, such as under a truck seat or in a smaller range case.  

+1, lol
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#21]
i have a mesa low tube for duty use and love it, however it does have a pad and fuzzy velcro on the cheek weld for comfort the ridge on the gen 2 m-4 stock bites into my cheek

usmc5593
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top