Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:42:11 PM EDT
Before:

During:

And After:

Surface rusted 870 Express with ribbed 28" bbl, ext mag tube & turkey choke from the

local pawn shop................................................................................................................     60.00
Rifled 20" slug bbl..................................................................................................................     80.00
Hogue 12" LOP stock & Forearm..........................................................................................     35.00
Tacstar sidesaddle & bbl/light clamps..................................................................................     65.00
Pentagon X3 w/ curly cord pressure switch..........................................................................   115.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   355.00

Home defence, Dove & Turkey shotty all in one................................................................... Priceless

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
CUDOS!!!  A job very well done.  What finish is that.  Looks great.

Aim straight and have fun
Jon
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice - I've found these projects to be very satisfying.

I did a Mossberg 500 in Duracoat.  I was very pleased with how it turned out.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks very nice, a job well done.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Very well done job, +1
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#5]
You got that shotgun for $60?  What a deal...

Spooky
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a big fan of Hogue grips, but have never tried one of their stocks. How do you like it?

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
How did you prepare the surface?  It' seems like you had a lot of rust to remove.

Media blasting?  000 steel wool?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#8]

You got that shotgun for $60? What a deal...

Yep, but believe me.... I do not get lucky very often..

I'm a big fan of Hogue grips, but have never tried one of their stocks. How do you like it?

I really like the rubber over-mold on this set... My only regret is the 12" LOP (stock) is too short for me. But I can make it work, the most important thing is my Wife fits the stock well.

How did you prepare the surface? It' seems like you had a lot of rust to remove.
Media blasting? 000 steel wool?

I bought a 15 dollar blaster from Harbor Freight and a 6 dollar bag of sand.  I already had a 5HP/30 gallon compressor so I was good to go. BTW.. while you are at HF to get a blaster, remember to buy the hood too ....

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Before:img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Aahhyes68/DSC07884.jpg

And After:

I like to think I know my ins-and-outs of an 870.  But what the hell is that flash hider for!?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#10]

remember to buy the hood too ....

I bet - did you also fabricate a booth of some sort?  

When I did my Duracoat projects, I used a large 'wardrobe' moving box with 2/3 of one side removed.  Not pretty, but it worked.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#11]

I like to think I know my ins-and-outs of an 870. But what the hell is that flash hider for!?

This is the Flash Hider installed .......... ..............

I bet - did you also fabricate a booth of some sort?

I was honestly unprepared... I had no sandblasting experience so I just used a very large storage container... The stackable type with a lid the ol' lady uses for X-mas decorations.. I used 6.00 per bag sand & worked like a charm .

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top