Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 4:01:32 PM EDT
Who produces a decent Slug Gun (meaning a shotgun with a rifled barrel)?

I checked the Mossberg web site, but didn't see one by them.

Can you use the same slugs in both a slug gun as a smooth bore shotgun or must special slugs be used with a rifled barrel?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The rifled slug barrels are for use with sabot slugs ONLY.... NO standard slugs, no bird and no buck shot.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Mossberg 835 with a rifled slug barrel and cantilever scope base.  It will do 2.5 inch groups at 100 yards with my 4 power scope.  It likes Winchester super X sabots.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The rifled slug barrels are for use with sabot slugs ONLY.... NO standard slugs, no bird and no buck shot.

I checked MidwayUSA and the "sabot slugs" seem to run $2-$3 per round. A bit expensive for a plinking round  as I tend to go through 100 rounds or so each range visit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I checked MidwayUSA and the "sabot slugs" seem to run $2-$3 per round. A bit expensive for a plinking round  as I tend to go through 100 rounds or so each range visit.

The fully-rifled shotgun barrels are geared towards deer hunters. They are designed for extreme accuracy, and aren't really the choice of someone defending their home or plinking.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top