Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 3:59:34 PM EDT
I saw an add for "Mini-Slugs" and these look like they would simulate almost shooting a 20ga shotgun as they length looks to be about 1/2 or 3/4 the length of a standard 2 3/4 length slug.

Of course the shorter length leads to holding more rounds in the tube.

Are these Mini-Slugs any good?
How much more mild is the recoil?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Be sure they feed properly from the magazine.  

Be careful they don't create a carbon ring in your chamber or a flame cut "burn" in the cahmber.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
what kind of gun are you using?

keep in mind that the slug is a little lighter than 1 ounce
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It would be a Mossberg pump.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Aguila mini-shells and mini-slugs have a reputation of working decently in Winchester/FN guns.  They work ok, not great, in my 1300.

I'm not certain how they'll work in your Mossy.  Sorry I can't help more
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Aguila mini-shells and mini-slugs have a reputation of working decently in Winchester/FN guns.  They work ok, not great, in my 1300.

I'm not certain how they'll work in your Mossy.  Sorry I can't help more

They did not work very well at all in my Mossy, or my 870.
They are just to short to fuction right.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#6]
About 2 weeks ago I shot about 50rds between a Benelli Nova and a Remington 870, they worked fine.  However they would not work in my Mossberg 590, they would face upright in the gun.  There is very little recoil (almost none)  I did have trouble with accuracy at about 35yds it would hit where it was aimed and the next shot would hit 6-7 inches away.  It might be more accurate out of a 2 3/4 chamber instead of a 3 1/2 reciever.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top