Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 7:19:54 PM EDT
I am finally in the markket for the SPAS-12, but now that I have the money for one, I can't seem to find one for sale. Does anyone know where there is one for sale, privately or otherwise? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Occasionaly on Gun Broker. You cant have mine, and everyone else is about to tell you to buy a Benelli. The SPAS 12 doesnt enjoy the best reputation at ARFCOM.

Edited for spellingg
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
there are usly a few on www.gunsamerica.com. i thought about buying one two. but i plan to get a Benelli M3 instead.          not only is the SPAS12 complex but only takes 2.75 inch shells only unlike the 3in chambering of the benelli

Jesse
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you're self a favour and pass on it
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:55:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:10:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Whatever you do, DON'T buy a Spaz. They make for a lousy automatic and an even worse pump.
Unless you get the full pistol grip stock, they are murder to shoot. Also, if you have the lever safety its extremely dangerous and there are hardly any parts availible to retrofit or replace.
They lack reliability, they have wierd quirks and they are way to heavy/fat. They are, however, very cool looking.....not sure if thats a good enough reason to buy one. For my conceince, I had to share my sentiment.....IM sent.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Occasionaly on Gun Broker. You cant have mine, and everyone else is about to tell you to buy a Benelli. The SPAS 12 doesnt enjoy the best reputation at ARFCOM.

I see that you've got us figured out.

I've owned two SPAS-12 shotguns over the years -- both the fixed pistol-grip stock and the folder. I'll go as far as to say that to the uninformed newbies that you meet, it's a scary-looking beast that will draw attention. But those who know their firearms will know what a confusing, heavyweight contraption it really is. Replacement parts are hard to find; someone was just looking for a buffer on this site about a week ago.

If you want it to enhance your collection, by all means go for it. If you want it for any other reason, you'd be best to find something a little newer and lighter.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:47:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Spartan, for the money, buy a Benelli M3. It will save you a LOT of time , trouble , and effort.
The SPAZ is not worth it.

Sua Sponte,
Prib
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top