Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 7:33:35 PM EDT
I am looking for a 97 Trench gun for WW II renacting.  and would want to use it for shooting for fun as well and maybe hunting.  well the question is does anybody make a repro and is it anygood or how much does and original cost.  a regular 97 with a 20" barrel is ok i'll just buy the shroud and bayonet lug if I nead to.  
thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Norinco makes a repro of the trench gun.  I regularly see them on online auctions for around $350.  I got to handle one at Fins/Fur/Feathers over the summer.  The overall quality was a little rough (like most Norinco guns) but it appeared solid.  Other than the Chinese, I'm not sure if anyone else makes one.  You could always buy a used 1897 and convert it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Most re-enactment groups will not allow shotguns at their tactical events.  you may want to check that out first.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I know some orginizaitons don't allow shotguns but some do I have other weapons to bring to the ones who don't allow it and I wanted it also for static displays for educating the  public.
thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top