Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 4:19:18 PM EDT
where can i get mag extentions longer than the 10 round.  i have seen ipsc guns that have them , 13-15 rounds.  are they custom ?price?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#1]
were did you see those pics at? ive never seen any over ten but would like to know if they exsist. maybe then i can help you find some
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Good Lord, to have a 15 round magazine extension, you'd have to have a 36" barrel.

Even a 13 round extension would weigh so much you'd have trouble handling it, and as the gun was fired, the shift in center of gravity would make keeping it on target almost impossible.

As far as I know, the longest commercially available extension is the 10 round version Choate makes for 26" barreled guns.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#3]
In South America some wealthy and daring fellows have custom built extensions that were so long, I had to laugh out loud.
I saw one that probably was a 15 rounder on a 30+ inch barrel (ribbed no less- you know, to keep it cool!)
There IS a point when it becomes ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#4]
in the picture thread, on page 23 i think there is one with a 13 round ipsc gun.  thats where i saw it.  i want one just because no one i know has one
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Holy Beejesus!
That Mofrack is hailing from parts unknown!
He HAD to paint it all crazy, just so no one in their right mind might take it seriously.
Page 23 picture thread.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#6]
with that, i would rule
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#7]
i guess i could always buy another and weld it to the one i have.  i would need a longer spring but brownells should have it.  i think they have a 40 inch one available
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Get one too long where it sticks out past the barrel, and you might be shooting it off.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]
not to long, just even with the end of a 30 inch or atleast a 28.  crows beware
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#10]
If you are shooting under USPSA 3-gun rules, you are limited to 10+1 capacity in Open and 8+1 capacity in Limited. Elsewhere, who knows. As a point of reference, the Choate 10-shot mag extension projects just fractionally beyond the muzzle of a 26" barrel, so with a 30" you could get MAYBE 2 more rounds before it looked silly.

The longest commonly available mag tube is the Choate 10-rounder... if you want longer, you'll have to find someone to weld on some extra pipe (the unit on page 23 looks like it was made this way). In England, where practical shotgun is comparatively popular, some guy was custom making longer mag tubes, but I've no idea if he still is, nor does his contact info fall readily to hand.

ETA: Found the guy in the UK. Contact Tim Wander ([email protected]) and see if he still makes the custom tubes. The original advert is on this page.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top