Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 3:37:06 PM EDT
for some reason a round was loaded into chamber and i cant seem to get it out. I tried whatever i could and cant. Is there a way to safely take the round out without firing it?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of shotgun?

All shotguns have a bolt or action release somewhere on the side of the receiver or on the trigger group that allows you to open the action without firing it.

Remington shotguns release is a small flat lever on the left side of the trigger group, just in front and above of the trigger.  Press it up, and you can open the action.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
its a winchester 1300, if that helps?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a small switch at the left rear of the trigger guard.  This is the action release.
Press and hold that switch and this should unlock the action, and allow you to open it.

In case you don't have one, here's a link to an online Winchester 1300 Owner's manual:

www.stevespages.com/page7b.htm

You can also get a hard copy direct from Winchester.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#4]
As dfariswheel stated, there is an action release lever/button on the weapon.

Push this button upwards into the receiver, hold it there, and pull back the slide.

http://usera.imagecave.com/rwkerstetter/FNRelease.jpg
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
ok i got it out, thanks again guys!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#6]
God gave us INSTRUCTION MANUALS for a reason.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top