Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 4:48:37 AM EDT
I have been digging around on and the differences that I can tell is that the police magnum has the ghost rings while the tactical has the pistol grip stock.  Also the barrel length of the tactical is 20"vs18" of the police.

Have I missed something else?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I read through the difference thread before and I read it twice just now but I don't see how the tactical model fits in there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I read through the difference thread before and I read it twice just now but I don't see how the tactical model fits in there.

I believe that the Tactical model is made from the "magnum express" series, conditioned in a green finish, pistol stock, and 20 in barrel

While most 870 police magnums have parkerized (deep black), have the metal trigger housings with stronger mag spring, usually have shorter barrels

I forget anything guys?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope, The "Tactical" models are basically the Express Home Defense guns with a OD Green finish and a different stock.

Underneath that, they're still an Express.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#5]
The tactical magnum is an express magnum with the following differences:

1) Painted green.
2) Shortened fore-end to allow for side saddle.
3) Extended magazine tube.
4) Buttstock with pistol grip.

Otherwise, it's exactly the same thing as a Remington express. I personally prefer the black express home defense / camp defender model.

But some people like the green paint and pistol grip of the tactical magnum.

Pick whatever you like, the differences are relatively insignificant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top