Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 7:03:11 AM EDT
I am reviewing my small inventory and  am considering selling a few items to change out for new "Wants".  My Remmy 58 sportsman is collecting dust along with my 20 GA, Wingmaster 870 skeet gun. I inherited both from my father and felt I would always keep them but I don't duck hunt nor skeet shoot.

I am leaning more towrd tactical weapons in both long and handguns. My 5.5 Redhawk is also on the list for possible sale.

Do I keep'em or sell em. I have always thought, if your not using it get rid of it, but in this case am I making a mistake?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:07:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep the 870.  Even with the sentimental value aside, it makes sense to keep something like that.  You don't hunt now, nor do you shoot skeet, but you might someday.  You might also have a kid at some point and that's exactly the kind of herritage gun you pass down through generations.  Besides that, while it isn't worthless, it isn't exactly a high dollar gun either.  The money you get from selling it isn't going to get you into a new tactical set-up anyway.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top