Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 10:29:34 PM EDT
Where is a good place to find accessories for this shotgun?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of accessories?  Stocks?  Ammo carriers?

I've done business with with these two places a lot.  They have really good prices and really good service and selection

www.arizonagunrunners.com/

www.midwayusa.com/

Those are the two that I recommend.  

I've got several lists of all kinds of websites that might be of interest

www.2guntom.com/links/accessorymanuf.html

www.2guntom.com/links/accessoryretai.html

www.2guntom.com/links/ammoreloading.html

Hope that helps.

2guntom
2guntom.com
454 Casull
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:40:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What kind of accessories?  Stocks?  Ammo carriers?

For now I'm looking for a good sling and a sidesaddle for extra shells.  Thanks for the links.  One more question, how do the 6 shot sidesaddles install on the shotgun?  I do not see a place where it would scew into the shotgun.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I have not purchased or installed a sidesaddle on my Defender.  But, as far as I can remember there is a screw that replaces the pin in the receiver, and it holds the rear of the sidesaddle.  The front is supported by a clip that clips in the loading port on the bottom of the gun.

If memory serves, Arizona GunRunner has sidesaddles.  They also have some "tactical" slings.
Any of the slings I have purchased recently came from Walmart.  I would assume Midway will have a wide selection to choose from.

Which Defender do you have?  The regular one with the 18" barrel and bead sight? Or the "Practical" Defender with 21" barrel, screw in chokes, and rifle sights?

If you get a chance post some pictures when you get done.

2guntom
2guntom.com
454 Casull
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got the regular defender, but in addition to the bead sight it has a trueglo fiber optic sight.  I'll definitely put up some pics when I "git 'er done".
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have not purchased or installed a sidesaddle on my Defender.  But, as far as I can remember there is a screw that replaces the pin in the receiver, and it holds the rear of the sidesaddle.  The front is supported by a clip that clips in the loading port on the bottom of the gun.

That's pretty much how it works.  Remove the receiver pin and replace it with the bolt that comes with the side-saddle.  A curved metal piece hugs the receiver...it's solid and tight.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:16:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Visual aids for better reference...  This is a TacStar 6-Shot Sidesaddle.  Aluminum backing plate, plastic shell holders.
http://usera.imagecave.com/rwkerstetter/SaddleMount01.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/rwkerstetter/SaddleMount02.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/rwkerstetter/SaddleMount03.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics...  Camera doesn't like close-ups.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Great pics!  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top