Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 5:55:00 PM EDT
I finally shot my Mossy 835 ultimag after I strapped on the Knoxx Spec-op stock and it definately tames the recoil from the 3-1/2 magnum rounds but...........
The Surefire forearm is "biting" my hand when I fire it and it wasn't just me. DPMMN was also having the same problem. it seems the part that bulges housing the flashlight is slamming into the index finger. I didn't try lesser rounds since I didn't bring any but any ideas?
Any theories from Surefire or Knoxx are definately welcome.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
My 835 is a turkey killer - that's about it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:43:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I finally shot my Mossy 835 ultimag after I strapped on the Knoxx Spec-op stock and it definately tames the recoil from the 3-1/2 magnum rounds but...........
The Surefire forearm is "biting" my hand when I fire it and it wasn't just me. DPMMN was also having the same problem. it seems the part that bulges housing the flashlight is slamming into the index finger. I didn't try lesser rounds since I didn't bring any but any ideas?
Any theories from Surefire or Knoxx are definately welcome.

The only solution is to train yourself to move your had further back on the forend and hold on firmly. More to come on this issue.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I had that happen a few times on my 590 A1. My friend who has a wilson combat 870 without the knoxx stock also had that happen to him.

I never held it too far forward to begin with, but conditioning yourself to hold the surefire a little further back helps. Still beats getting the shit kicked out of your shoulder too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top