Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 9:02:02 PM EDT
This is NOT in reference to the Surefire Integrated Shotgun Weapon Light.

I'm referring SPECIFICALLY to the Surefire M69 Picatinny Forend for the Remington 870P.

I've recently installed one of these on my 870P and I notice a significant amount of loose 'play' from side to side (or left to right)... kind of like a little wobbly sensation... not as sturdy and solid as the originally mounted factory forend.  Is this normal or do I just not have it mounted securely enough?  I'm not even sure what I could or would have to do to make it more secure.  It simply seems like it's a little wobbly and I just wanted to find out what other people have experienced or if it's nothing to worry about.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had to get accustomed to this as well. It's not caused by any play between the aluminum forend and the sleeve, the fit is very snug; as you're holding on the the weapon in a much lower position (because of the use of a VG), any force applied via the forend to point the weapon, will cause much more of a twisting motion in the action bars.
A conventional R870 forend will actually twist exactly as much but you notice it much less with a "normal" hold on the forend.

I've grown completely accustomed to this, and now even shoot trap with a VG setup.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've had to get accustomed to this as well. It's not caused by any play between the aluminum forend and the sleeve, the fit is very snug; as you're holding on the the weapon in a much lower position (because of the use of a VG), any force applied via the forend to point the weapon, will cause much more of a twisting motion in the action bars.
A conventional R870 forend will actually twist exactly as much but you notice it much less with a "normal" hold on the forend.

I've grown completely accustomed to this, and now even shoot trap with a VG setup.  

Great!  Thanks for sharing your input.  That seems to make sense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top