Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 12:37:30 PM EDT
This may seem like a silly question but does using the Wilson/Scattergun high-visibility plastic follower inside the Remington 870P factory +2 magazine extension affect the capacity?  I used to have one (Wilson part) but sold it so I can't check myself.  The factory Remington follower is a hollow cup and the Wilson/Scattergun follower is solid and has a "leg" about an inch long.  Does the "leg" interfere with loading the tube to capacity?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
No mine still holds 6 rounds in the tube w/ no problems.  I also tried the orange one by I believe tac-star (not sure if that's right) & it did shorten the count by 1 round.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
SNAFU,

Do you have the W/S green follower in your Rem tube?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The Wilson and Choate magazine followers "leg" or "tail" fits into the center of the compressed spring, so capacity is NOT affected.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Fantastic.  Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top