Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 12:12:38 PM EDT
I saw some cool ammo for 12ga by Fire Quest, but dont really trust their ammo.

Anyone with experience with them?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Trust your instincts.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Danger!  Danger!  Danger!

Trusting their ammo is not the issue;  the issue is DO NOT trust Firequest.  

I received a letter from a assistant director at the Dept. of Justice because I bought illegal ammunition that contained a "hazardous substance" from Firequest.  The DOJ had been warning FQ about some of their ammo for years.  FQ thought they understood some nonexistent loophole in the federal laws.  Instead, after multiple warnings, the DOJ had to put the smackdab on their ignorant butts.  They tried them and fined them.  In the confiscation of records, the DOJ sent a letter to all their customers that bought certain ammo, like me.

When the letter arrived, I started to make phone calls, after I changed out of my poop-filled drawers.  The owner of Firequest is an idiot.  He was very evasive.  I read the letter to him and he had little to say.  In a roundabout way he admitted to having to pay very stiff fines.  His comments were along the lines of, "I have to pay, yet I can still go down the road and buy this stuff by the crate."  I hate to break it to him, but if you break federal laws, you run the risk of getting busted.  If you ignore multiple warnings from federal agencies, then you are a moron.  If you involve innocent people like me, then I hope Santa puts a pair of poopy drawers in your Christmas stocking, 'cause that ain't cool at all!

The call to the DOJ was more productive.  I couldn't figure out why they handled this and not BATFE.  The answer was "flash powder".  Flash powder is defined as a "hazardous substance" and falls under the DOJ's jurisdiction when it is in quantities of more that just a few milligrams.  I asked if all the other "crazy" ammo they had was legal.  The answer I got was "That is not in the jurisdiction of this department."  I'm thinking BATFE will have fun with them later when they aren't so busy with everything else.

As far as the actual ammo is concerned, the flares are marginal to worthless, the smokers don't work, the blanks are pretty good, and the really cool stuff may infringe or outright violate a federal law or two.  The other concern is the large amount of crud the propellants in this ammo leave in your gun.

That's been my experience with them.  I'd liken it to a whore that is HIV positive- nothing good is going to come of the encounter.

That is probably more than you wanted to know, but the word needs to get out.  Firequest is not to be trusted.

2guntom
2guntom.com
454 Casull
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I received a package from Deltaforce.com today and it had the FQ catalog included.  I was interested in those "Dragon's Breath" rounds.  Honestly, I'd rather just see a video on the Internet of the "75+ foot blast of flame!" than worry about it going through my shotgun and cleaning up afterwards.  Anyone tried that particular round out?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top