Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 6:59:23 AM EDT
I realize that this is mainly a tactical shotgun forum, but I have a question about Remington's Spartan shotguns. I know that they are built in Russia and that they are robust and very affordable. Anybody here try one/ handle one? comments....... I am looking for a double barrel 20ga for my wife.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Robust, like two pieces of plumbing pipe welded together. I was not impressed. MIKE.

+1 they fell and look like junk and handle even worse!  I would look at a Stoger.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The Remington Spartan guns are just Baikals (formerly imported by EAA) with a new logo and a higher pricetag. They are much less of a value now, than they were at EAA's price point.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:24:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice. I will steer clear.......
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I use EAA Izh43KN Bounty hunter II in action shooting for two years. A pretty affordable s/s with exposed hammers and 20" barrels. Sure I would prefer to own genuine Greaner shotgun, but since here is no new s/s with hammers, 43KN is a good solution worth each penny of $250. I dont know if Spartan is more expensive in US, but EAA shotgun is a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:02:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy anything old and used over that new rusky stuff (do to over pricing now).  The Old Stevens doubles are good.  The 20's and 16's tend to cost a little more.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I would love to find an affordable 20 gauge side by side with screw in choke tubes, selective ejectors, single selective trigger, and must be able to digest steel shot.

Anything out there?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top