Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 3:23:16 PM EDT
Are Benelli M3 Super 90s even available new on the market anymore?

I got a chance to put one through its paces at a local 3-gun match and am thinking about trying to get my hands on one.  The one I played with had 7+1 capacity, full stock with pistol grip.

Newbie Questions:

* Are they forbidden by the "import ban"?
* Are they available as non-pre-ban weapons?
  - Am I going to have to pay a premium for a "pre-ban" gun?
  - Can I get one at decent "no-ban" prices.
* What is the going rate for an M3 Super 90 as described above?

TIA.

-Frank
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess that answers my question, as the M3 shown on Benelli's website is in the post-ban 5+1 configuration.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#3]
they are availible

i got a used one preban for about seven hundred, but traded for a new Arsnel AK74, great shotgun but just could not really justify keeping its as it was not being used

dont let people confuse you with the import thing they are availible from anywhere from 600 to 1000
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#4]
yep, I got mine used and in excellent condition for $700. it was the older HK/Benelli model
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#5]
You might want to consider the Benelli M1 super 90, as the Pump feature is almost worthless on the m3 (you have to manipulate something at the front of the mag tube every time you want to pump it).

I have a Benelli M1 Super 90 Tactical and I love it!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Only reason for M3 is for when you are running non-standard low-recoil loads like beanbag & rubber baton, etc.  This allows you to use the pump action to cycle the next round because the low-recoil rounds does not cycle correctly in the M3 semi-auto system.

I stick with the M1 because I don't use that type of rounds and I stick with full-recoil loads.  Other then that... the M3's pump action, while neat, is pretty long.

~NewbieDave
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Ditto on that.
Besides impressing my brother-in-law with the pump or semi option, my M3 rarely gets used.
It is nice to be able to accomodate less lethal munitions, but when it comes down to brass tacks, I prefer the "one or the other" type shotgun.
An 870 or 590 are pumpin' fools, and the M1 family and 11/87's are the semis.
I will NOT deny the coolness of an M3. I know some dude that is an M3 master and loves it.
If you can get it to cycle (semi-mode) with all the shells you plan to implement, it will work.
I consider the M3 as a semiauto shotgun with pump mode as a secondary or backup.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#8]
So how do you work the pump action? From what I understood there is no pump "mode"; it has to be selected every time you want to pump it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You might want to consider the Benelli M1 super 90, as the Pump feature is almost worthless on the m3 (you have to manipulate something at the front of the mag tube every time you want to pump it).

I have a Benelli M1 Super 90 Tactical and I love it!

Sorry.. but that is wrong.  Yes, indeed there is a device on the action bar/fore-end.  But that is used to convert it from auto to pump.  Fully forward and locked it is an auto.  Released and back about 3/4 inch and it is a pump.  You don't have to manipulate the lever/device each time you pump it.  Just once to convert it to or from pump to auto - auto to pump.  The advantage is that Benellis often do not work well with light or special purpose rounds.  By being able to convert to a pump, the light loads and special stuff can be used.

Having said that... if you never intend to shoot less than full power loads... the pump action really serves no purpose.  If you do want to shoot light trap loads or special purpose loads AND also want auto for full power loads... the M3 will fill the bill.

Ask yourself what you want the gun to do... then pick your Benelli!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Man I want the m3 to go along with my M1 now lol!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top