Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 2:49:38 AM EDT
I have a Beretta 1201FP. Click here for photos And I was wondering if I can use any of the surefire lights they make for the Benelli Super 90s. Surefire doesn't seems to know and I am getting mixed opinions on this. Any advice would be great.  I have the version with the pistol grip and rifle sights. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are asking about the SureFire forearm models, it can be done but requires a good amount of modification to the forearm.  Another option might be to replace your Beretta barrel and mag tube with a Benelli barrel and mag tube.  This way the Benelli forearm will fit without modification, you also get 7 round capacity instead of 6 round.  I used to have a 1201FP and Benelli barrels were interchangable (as were the stocks, recoil tubes, bolts, etc), but I never tried interchanging the mag tubes.   I assuming they will interchange also.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not attach a weaver base or picatinney rail via  a couple holes drilled and tapped in the Alu.  shroud forward of the forearm and mount the light on that.   The Alu. shroud is pretty thick, but I guess there might be the risk of stripping the thread.

OTOH, that's  the material that  95% of the scopes on a Ruger 10/22 are screwed onto.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guy... i'll talk to my gunsmith about it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 1200FP, not sure if there is any difference in the 2 or not tho. I also have a surefire forend on it that was made for the 1200FP. I will look tonight and see what the box says on it to see if list the benelli or not. Mine also has a benelli pistol grip stock on it as well. I had never  heard that the barells were interchangeable tho, that might be something to look into
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Just goy home and dug the box out of the foot locker ( i cant believe i actualy still have it ).  

This is what it says on the box.

Surefire Model 606
6 Volt Tactical Light
beretta 1200 PF Shotgun

laser products, fountain valley ca

I have had this thing forever and a day. I dont think surefire is even owned by laser products anymore. I know i have owned it for at least 10 years. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks! It's so hard to find stuff for this 1201FP which is strange because it is such a solid gun.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I also love my 1201PF, the best and most reliable auto shotgun I've ever had (even compared to a bennelli m1 super 90).hotgun.gif

Aftermarket parts for these do seem to be limited.  I do believe Beretta stopped making or at least importing them in the late 90's.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#8]
i think that Benelli already had the police/military market sewn up, possibly as a result of their initial relationship with HK.  I have heard that some PDs adopted the Beretta but failed to keep it in good operating condition.  

Mine does seem less solid than say an 870.

BTW, I think that there are sidesaddles, Choate stocks and yes, Surefire or streamlight mounts floating around out there-- it is just a matter of locating them.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Wasn't the 1200 series dropped from production?

Loved the look, but found it a bit light in the tail.
(My 2 cents)
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I believe benelli bought beretta or the other way around. So Beretta only really makes hunting shotguns now and benelli took the market on the tactical shotguns. I maybe they are owned by the same company now, thus the reason the 1201 was only out for a little bit and then Benelli took over.  I got my 1201FP with the stock pistol grip for $500 in 99' almost brand new. Couldn't pass it up and I've never had an issue with it. All out of all the autos I've fired it's the fastest, although a benelli is much better balanced weight wise.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I had never  heard that the barells were interchangeable tho, that might be something to look into

To interchange the barrels you will have to swap the mag tube also.  I haven't verified that the mag tube threads are the same pitch, but I would bet they are since so many other parts of the Beretta/Benelli are interchangable.

I have put Benelli barrels into the action of the Beretta and it locks up just fine.  In examining the two barrels side by side they are the exact same design in the way they fit the receiver.  They differ in the way they attach to the mag tube.  This is why you have to change mag tubes along with the barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top