Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 11:49:11 AM EDT
As a way to lessen recoil and muzzle rise why not slant the muzzle of a shotgun at a 45 degree angle?  Think like AK slant brake just with the barrel itself.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Hunting/pattern holding: I'm not sure how keen hunters would be on the idea.  I'd imagine the slant would interfere with the usefulness of chokes.

If used on a weapon where no choke is used, it might not be too bad an idea.  However I'm sure there would be some downfalls.  Obscenely large flash on shorter barrels maybe, other than that, I've no idea.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone posted a slant type compensator on a shotty last year, no?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like it would screw with your pattern.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Years back there was a company that cut down 870 barrels at an angle from 18 to 14 inches. It was about 20 degree if  I remember right. It suppoesedly reduced muzzle climb and gave you the 14 inch look with out the sbs tax. If you notice you dont hear about it any more.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hunting/pattern holding: I'm not sure how keen hunters would be on the idea.  I'd imagine the slant would interfere with the usefulness of chokes.

If used on a weapon where no choke is used, it might not be too bad an idea.  However I'm sure there would be some downfalls.  Obscenely large flash on shorter barrels maybe, other than that, I've no idea.

I was thinking defense, sorry should have clarified.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:54:53 AM EDT
[#7]
They do port shotgun barrels and sell the jigs to port them. From what I have seen it is about 7 or 8 holes in a line parallel with the barrel and 2 to 3 lines on each side of the barrel. Of course that would be one helluva firestream shooting out of those ports. But supposedly works as well as porting on other firearms.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:30:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:33:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Vang Comp. A good product offered by a great man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top