Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 2:32:32 PM EDT
Who makes a mag ext for my 18.5" 590A1 that will be flush with the bbl?  I know Vang Comp does, but $75 yikes!  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
That may be your only choice.
Choate only offers extensions for the old 550, 9200, and the 835.

You might email them and ask.  You usually get a response from a Choate family member fast.
www.riflestock.com/
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I put the Choate one (For the 835) on my M590A1 with the 18.5" barrel:

Works fine so far. Only about 300 rounds downrange since I put it on though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/BridgerNY/08-07-05%20shotty%20and%20garden/shot-1.jpg

Okay, I have to ask.  Why two-up and four-down in your side-saddle?  And whose rear stock is that?  Or is that original?  It just seems to have a much more pronounced pistol grip than any Mossberg that I've seen.

Eric
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:46:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the pic
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:02:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/BridgerNY/08-07-05%20shotty%20and%20garden/shot-1.jpg

Okay, I have to ask.  Why two-up and four-down in your side-saddle?  And whose rear stock is that?  Or is that original?  It just seems to have a much more pronounced pistol grip than any Mossberg that I've seen.

Eric

I'll answer - because mine looks just like that.  The ammo is configured based on it's status as buckshot or slugs.  Up and down means you can figure out what you're loading in the dark or without looking.  

The stock is a Knoxx CompStock.  It has a spring and cam that lengthens the time for felt recoil.  So instead of sharp smack in the shoulder, it's more of a push.  It's one of the best shotgun investments I've made.  With my CompStock, I can shoot slugs as long as I want.  This will really help your consistency in shot placement and will increase your confidence as you shoot.

R.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'll answer - because mine looks just like that.  The ammo is configured based on it's status as buckshot or slugs.  Up and down means you can figure out what you're loading in the dark or without looking.  

R.

so how many rounds of buck or slugs have you shot with your side saddle loaded that way, without having any of the brass down loads coming out?  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Knoxx makes a 10 shot mag extension....i well not exactly a mag extension but a 10 shell drum
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

R.

so how many rounds of buck or slugs have you shot with your side saddle loaded that way, without having any of the brass down loads coming out?  

Freemanesq is spot on. I just took the side-saddle off recently though, it was  a tac-star one and the forward screw holding it to the plate kept undoing itself, and I didn't want to loc-tite it. But the brass down loads never fell out while I was using it, and made for speedier loading I think.

But in the end I didn't really like the tac-star side saddle, I saw some other nice ones in the pic thread but those seem to be for 870s only. Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just took the side-saddle off recently though, it was  a tac-star one and the forward screw holding it to the plate kept undoing itself, and I didn't want to loc-tite it........But in the end I didn't really like the tac-star side saddle......

I've also heard they can wallow out the pin holes in the receiver, especially aluminum receivers.  I don't find them necessary or asthetically appealing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top