Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 9:39:49 PM EDT
I'm pretty hung up on using Mesa Tactical Sidesaddles on both sides of my 870, and a Knoxx ScecOps stock... which leads me to ask this question...

Who makes the best top receiver mounted rail for a refelx sight like an EOTech or Aimpoint. I understand that it will likely require drilling/tapping and that's OK with me. I just want to know who makes the best product out there?

Thanks for your help,

David
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#1]
for drill/tap: BadgerOrdnance
for drop-in: KnightsArmament
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
 The sidesaddle will not work in conjunction with the Knights unit.  Part of the mount hangs over the side of the receiver.  There were some other mentioned issues with the Knights Unit.
www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?+=27317
 There is also a limited availability with Knights atm.  Also the price can be a consideration.  These things led me away from the Knights Unit.  I instead opted for the one from PRI.  It has a pic rail/sidesaddle combo.  It's easy to mount and seems rock solid.  Also, no gunsmithing req.
  Another poss. is the one due out some time in the future from Mesa Tactical.  It also will work in conjunction with their sidesaddle.  It has a nice long rail(unlike the PRI) which will give you greater flexability if mounting an optic.  The only issues with the MESA one is that there is no release date yet.  They are still working on some mounting issues.  They have also said that when completed no gunsmithing will be required.  They have also admited that the cost for the unit will be even more than the Knights version.  The Knights one can be had for around the $180.00 range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top