Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 12:58:03 PM EDT
I was just browsing the internet when I cam across this website:  (please do not hotlink)

http://www.firequest.com/catalog/12_gauge_ammunition.html

They have this stuff that they call "Macho Gaucho" which I've read about somewhere else being called "slung" something or another.  Anyway... This particular type of ammo is said to be the most destructive (for defense purposes) as it utilizes a wire connecting 2 balls of lead, and the wire will slice through and mangle/destroy whatever type of flesh it makes contact with.  Anyone else heard of this stuff or have any experience with it?

What about the other stuff listed there?  Anyone ever experiment with any of this stuff?  It's pretty expensive stuff.

Anyone have any idea what if any kind of damage can these cause to your receiver or barrel?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard of it.  But I know nothing about it too.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard them called the bolo round. I dont think they work anything like advertised. The rounds out to usable difference probably would not be far enough apart to work as advertsed. Probably ber a real good way to turn an otherwise good shoot into a law suit or possible criminal case. Stick with buck shot.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#3]

12 GA. "Exploder"

A stabilized, finned slug with a deep hollow core for loading combustible materials. The exploder round has curved finns in the rear of the slug for stability. Recent D.O.T. regulations require that the "Exploder" hollow cavity be shipped unloaded. This allows you to load the cavity yourself, safely with no tools required. Use our formula or yours. Complete instructions included. Can’t be shipped to California, Florida, Illinois, or New York City addresses. 23/4” round

3 Units Per Package $24.99 $16.99 On Sale!  
25 Units Per Package $99.99  

perhaps this is even more deadly. everything on that site is overpriced and most of itis garbage. check out their offerings under AR15 accesories.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Its a new variation of the old naval chain shot rounds that were used in the days of sailing ships.  The old rounds were two cannon balls chained together, with the idea of cutting a ships sails, masts, and other rigging.  

A novel idea but not really predictable, as far as what degree of rotation or plane of rotation the compound projectile will be in when it strikes it's target.

Still wouldn't want to get hit with one though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I was given 2 dragon's breath rounds.  they are sitting in my ammo box, I wonder when I should try them if i choose to at all.

I'll probably find some junk mossberg barrel and shoot it over a lake or something...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#7]
They do not work at all, a friend   of mine had some and they do not even come close to opening up and spinning, you end up with two holes about 1/2 inch apart.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top