Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 9:09:24 PM EDT
Having recently suffered a house fire, and many years worth of accumulated stuff having gone up in flames, I find myself again in the market for a good shotshell belt & bandolier.

The belt I had was a very stiff nylon 2" (about) wide belt with plastic "Fastex" style buckle and 25 loops.  It felt stiff enough that I suspected the mfr sandwiched a piece of flat plastic between the nylon layers.

The bandolier I had was also made of suitably stiff and strong materials.  I can't remember what brand they were, but they weren't anything fancy like Blackhawk, etc.  I most likely picked them up at a local gunshow, as I usually did/do.

Any recommendations?

As usual, thanks in advance,
Eric
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out Cabelas Nice one Belt More There that should help ya.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a two hanging in the trunk of my cruiser.  I got them from Wal-Kart for like $4.00 each.  One hold 25 slugs, the other hold 25 00Buck.  At first, the other officers poked fun at them, but I asked them one day, when you exit your vehicle, how many rounds do you have?  Just the 5 or 8 in the gun?  Do you feel that's enough...........  What if you get stuck with "tracking" with the K-9, after a few rounds all you have is a club.

They are cheap, but so far, after over 1 year, the shells are still held tightly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a two hanging in the trunk of my cruiser.  I got them from Wal-Kart for like $4.00 each.  One hold 25 slugs, the other hold 25 00Buck.  At first, the other officers poked fun at them, but I asked them one day, when you exit your vehicle, how many rounds do you have?  Just the 5 or 8 in the gun?  Do you feel that's enough...........  What if you get stuck with "tracking" with the K-9, after a few rounds all you have is a club.

They are cheap, but so far, after over 1 year, the shells are still held tightly.

Those are the "Allen" brand shotshell holders/belts- Walmart, Dicks Sporting Goods, etc carry them and they are around $4-$6.  A real good deal for the price!

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#4]
3gun gear has some good looking stuff. While personally never used it you might take a look.

Bowhunter I have 7 in the and 4 more buck and 2 slugs on the but stock. We can not use side saddles
cause of our gun locks. I am currently building a new duty 870 and it will have the same set up except it will have velcro on the receiver for Esstac's ammo card which I will keep in the door of my cruiser.
For serious shtf/manhunt I have a thigh ammo carrier. It snaps into the keyring on my duty belt. It holds 24 rounds of ammo plus 1 extra pistol mag. They also have velcro on the back so they can be used on the  side or one round at a time.  If i need more than that I am going for the AR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top