Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 10:34:22 PM EDT
I just happen to be looking on gunbroker for an 1100 just out of curiosity and I stumbled across this auction.  It says: "There area couple of spots on receiver from blood it appears".

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=36583742

I don't know.  Maybe it's just me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
thats radical

doubtful that its looter blood tho......

which would be the deciding factor on me buying it
other than the price
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
my hunting shotguns usually have blood on them.  Not exactly unusual for a hunting type firearm.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:55:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:10:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
my hunting shotguns usually have blood on them.  Not exactly unusual for a hunting type firearm.

Exactly. Many "using" shotguns have a few spots where blood has dried before it was noticed and cleaned off...not unusual at all.

Wow, ok.  I guess I was just surprised that someone wouldn't have cleaned that off better.  Even still, I guess I'm also a little surprised that even after the fact, the blood leaves permanent stains.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Blood is really salt water.

As such, blood is highly corrosive to gun metal, and if you don't get it off quickly, it corrodes the metal.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly. Many "using" shotguns have a few spots where blood has dried before it was noticed and cleaned off...not unusual at all.

Wow, ok.  I guess I was just surprised that someone wouldn't have cleaned that off better.  Even still, I guess I'm also a little surprised that even after the fact, the blood leaves permanent stains.

Blood corrodes weapons. It is somewhat disturbing to see some of them, particularly when you know the details.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top