Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 5:53:50 PM EDT
Which and why?  About to get a Mossy 590A1.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Bead sight:  All self defense scenarios(the ones you'll have to justify to a judge and jury in court....which means under 20 yards!!)

Slug sights:  Deer hunting in an area that requires Shotgun only/slugs for deer hunting.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:07:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Ghost rings are cool when you're dinging that 8" plate at 100 yards with slugs.

I love mine, but in the standard engagement ranges (~7-15 yards) at speed, I use the front dot like a bead. I don't even bother looking for the rear ring.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:44:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:29:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the bead sight for fast, in close use, up to 15yds, and GR/sights for longer ranges. Depends on what your getting it for.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#5]
get two shotguns...one w/ bead, one w/ ghost rings
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
get two shotguns...one w/ bead, one w/ ghost rings

I've got three types (bead, rifle sight, and Ghost rings).  The ghost rings are very fast.  The other thing is they make a great silhouette when you light up the Surefire forend.

R.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top