Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 9:47:00 PM EDT
I was at a gunshow this past weekend and saw something very interesting.  It looked like a brand new 870 Express with matte finish and synthetic furniture but the price tag was for only $189.

WTF?  Had I found the Bargain-of-the-Day?

Then I looked closer and found out why.  "Made in China".  It looked to be of fairly good construction and the action & trigger were tight but pretty smooth.  Some of the edges of the various surfaces were a little "sharper" than a real 870, but otherwise it looked identical.  I almost bought it but found another  used Mossberg instead for less money.

Has anyone else seen these guns?

Eric
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:37:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Most likely a Norinco.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:09:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes but remember, Norinco makes some VERY good stuff.  Their metallurgy takes a back seat to no one.  In fact, Bill Wilson, of Wilson Combat, prefers Norinco 1911 frames on which to build his uber-expensive custom pistols.  And Norinco SKS's are still sought after these days.

Commie crap?  I doubt it.  Sure those Chinese prisoners work for cheap, but they tend to make really good products (that happens when there's a gun being held to your head) that are just a little rough around the edges.

If I hadn't purchased another Mossberg I might just have bought it just to give it a thorough once-over.  Anyway, I thought it was interesting to say the least.

Eric
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]
i don't know about where you live but down here in houston i can find a real 870 NIB for about 200.00.  used ones will tun you $125-150
why would i want a chinese one for the same price?

i think the mossy s the better deal.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i don't know about where you live but down here in houston i can find a real 870 NIB for about 200.00.  used ones will tun you $125-150
why would i want a chinese one for the same price?

i think the mossy s the better deal.

Well I did too, that's why I bought the Mossberg.

Prices are a bit higher than that up here in the Midwest on the 870's.  I just thought that the Chinese 870 was a good deal (at lease price wise) compared to the real deal.

Eric
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I've seen used Rem 870 police guns for $150 in good shape, so I'd pass on the questionable import.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes I agree Norinco's are awesome. However their scttaerguns suck ass. I had one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top