Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 6:58:17 PM EDT
I took my 500A apart for cleaning and once I put it back together I heard a ratteling noise.  I took it apart again and saw a piece dangeling arounf, looks like a "Y".  It seems to fit in the rear of the trigger group.  The safety is not working.  Any suggestions on where to get parts, how to fix, or are ther any all metal trigger groups out there for sale?

Thanks
JP
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get parts from:

Direct from Mossberg:www.mossberg.com/
Brownell's Gunsmith Supply: www.brownells.com
Gun Parts Corporation:  www.e-gunparts.com

Both Brownell's and Gun Parts have schematics to help you ID the part and where it goes.

I "think" Mossberg sells steel Model 590A1 trigger groups that also fit the 500, but these are expensive.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I took my 500A apart for cleaning and once I put it back together I heard a ratteling noise.  I took it apart again and saw a piece dangeling arounf, looks like a "Y".  It seems to fit in the rear of the trigger group.  The safety is not working.  Any suggestions on where to get parts, how to fix, or are ther any all metal trigger groups out there for sale?

Thanks
JP

Having just taken apart and reassembled the trigger groups from several of my Mossberg shotguns, I know exactly what part you're talking about.  It is part of the safety system and if you can live without a manual safety your gun should work just fine otherwise.

It's tricky, but it installs into a vetical slot on the rear most of the trigger assembly housing, and onto a small "leg" on the upper back of the trigger with the bevel of the very tip top slanting downwards towards the rear of the gun.

If something truly is broken, Brownells (I believe) sells the entire trigger assembly for (again, I believe) somewhere around $40.

Eric
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:58:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replys fellas, I think I will give Brownell's a call soon.  I hate having parts broken in the shotgun.

JP  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top