Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 12:58:47 PM EDT
Ok I just want to make sure I have this right, this is different than other shotguns I've shot. I have read the Benelli manual.

So if the hammer is not cocked, I have to pull the charging handle in order to load the magazine. Now once the magazine is loaded I have to push that little button under the receiver, and pull the charing handle. It's odd that you have to cock the gun twice in order to get a round in the chamber.

Or I could manuall place a round in the chamber then load the magazine, therefore only needing to cock it once?

Now when the bolt lock opens after the last round, I assume I can't load shells with the chamber open (i can't when I tested it without firing)

Also what's the easiset way to lock the chamber back? And I should never slam the bolt closed on an empty chamber right?

O yea and when I load shells it's difficult to get them into the magazine, and it pinches my finger. Is this normal?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ok I just want to make sure I have this right, this is different than other shotguns I've shot. I have read the Benelli manual.

So if the hammer is not cocked, I have to pull the charging handle in order to load the magazine. Now once the magazine is loaded I have to push that little button under the receiver, and pull the charing handle. It's odd that you have to cock the gun twice. What that is about, is if you are hunting, and want to remove a shell from the chamber with out chambering another round you would pull the bolt to the rear. Climb over a fence or whatever then on the other side of the fence push the little tab to pull a shell from the magazine, rack the bolt to bring that shell from the carrier and chamber the shell. The gun is ready to fire again.

Or I could manuall place a round in the chamber then load the magazine, therefore only needing to cock it once?  You can place a round in the chamber, and then load the rest of the magazine. Just like a pump.

Now when the bolt lock opens after the last round, I assume I can't load shells with the chamber open (i can't when I tested it without firing)

Also what's the easiset way to lock the chamber back? And I should never slam the bolt closed on an empty chamber right? The easy way to lock the bolt, is to push in the silver tab located above the trigger. Then pull the bolt back.

O yea and when I load shells it's difficult to get them into the magazine, and it pinches my finger. Is this normal?

If you gun is brand new, the spring might be a little stiff. Once you have loaded and unloaded your gun several times the spring will not be so stiff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top