Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 8:12:20 PM EDT
Got a smokin' deal on a used 870 magnum, and want to refinish it. Has anyone ever done anything other than green or black/park? Yes, I've seen pics of the pink 870...maybe when my daughters older...she'll need one to compliment her CavArms AR.

I was thinking about one of Lauers patterns for the shotty. Duracoat is tough stuff, and the patterns are cool. Ideas/pics are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.....
ecgRN
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#1]
No one?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Come on now.......help a brother out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm starting a store in Missouri that will specialize in refinishing.  We will be able to reblue (correctly, with the old school hot tank bluing, not "cold bluing" garbage), parkerize, and also use the spray on/bake on finishes such as duracoat and Norrell's moly resin.  Its not quite all set up yet and BATF is inspecting our storefront Tuesday before they issue us a license, but I hope to have everything up and running by the end of September.  If you're still looking for a good refinish then, drop me an IM.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm starting a store in Missouri that will specialize in refinishing.

Where abouts?

Eric
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:44:20 PM EDT
[#5]

I have a police trade-in 870 Magnum.  Didn't care much for bluing so Randy of Sledgehammer Arms Works refinished it in manganese-phosphate.  I like the texture and the dark-grey color of the finish better than standard black park.

Before:

After:

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:15:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm starting a store in Missouri that will specialize in refinishing.

Where abouts?

Eric

In Holden, about 45 mins to the east of Kansas City.  Its called Missouri Custom Armament.  We'll be doing alot of kit builds and gunsmithing so good refinishing capability is a must for us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top