Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 10:13:53 AM EDT
This rifle caught my eye recently  and I was just wondering if  anyone here had one and what you think of it?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This rifle shotgun caught my eye recently  and I was just wondering if  anyone here had one and what you think of it?

I have one.  It works.  I like it.  What more information do you want?  Do you have certain questions you want answered about them?  What do you plan to use it for?  I need more detail to answer your question better...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not offered for 2005. MIKE.

Places still have them from 2004 and some are clearance priced.  I got mine for $575 NIB

I also talked to a Remington Sales Rep and he said that they might do special releases of them from time to time, like a limited edition type of thing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Places still have them from 2004 and some are clearance priced.  I got mine for $575 NIB

That was a steal!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey true punisher
that was a great deal. Basically I thought it would be fun to take to the pit and shoot some clays with, its not neccesarily a clay gun in the strictest sense but it could also be used for home defense.

So have any of you guys used this  gun for shooting clays?  how would it compare to a skeet or trap gun?  btw I have never owned/shot a shotgun so expect some newb questions.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:35:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I use mine for clays all the time.  I have never had any problems shooting light loads (it is a 1100 not 1187)  With the shorter barrel you just don't have as long of a sighting plain and your shot pattern will spread out faster.

Just use a tighter choke and you should be fine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:53:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I got one, Ilike it so far, the previous owner, I don't believe, took care of it very well. I was getting some jams so I decided to replace barrel ring(wore/rot). mag spring(way to short, extractor(had a chip out of it.  
I waiting for some parts so I will let you know what happens.

Perry
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:55:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Truep, what part of Mn are you in?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I got one a few years ago. Mine has been rock solid reliable with everything but Winchester promo loads. They were too light. I shoot a lot of the Federal promo loads just fine.

It's so soft shooting and people are amazed when they pull the trigger. I have around 4k through it. I've replaced the o-rings a couple of times because I felt guilty about running it so dirty. I found some cheap and bought a couple of dozens.

I use it for trap all the time, and shoot better with it than my 28" 20ga. O/U.  Had more than a few 24/25 runs, and usually hit in the low 20's. 7-1/2 is my load for trap. I find it a little heavy for quick skeet clays.

Shot a 42/50 on our local sporting clays when I was shoot regularly.

I'd like to make one up in 20ga. for my wife.

4 buck is my load for steel and HD.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:38:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I almost forgot, I love this gun for shooting slugs!  I went 45 slugs in 15 min. no problem with the CM and the R3!!

Quoted:

Southeast of the Twin Cities, why, whats up?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I almost forgot, I love this gun for shooting slugs!  I went 45 slugs in 15 min. no problem with the CM and the R3!!

Quoted:

Southeast of the Twin Cities, why, whats up?

I am in Rochester, just curious, do you go to the arf.com shoots.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#12]
IM sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top