Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 8:06:32 PM EDT
I was out at the range yesterday and twice my gun failed to fire.  The first time it happened I figured it was a bad primer, but the primer wasn't dented.  I soon had it happen again and can't figure out what is causing it.  I had cleaned every part of the gun, except I haven't completely disassembled the trigger mechanism, but I don't think that is the problem.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you saying it's chambering a round, but not firing it??? If everything looks OK in regards to the firing pin, then maybe either a gas leak/blockage is keeping it from going fully into battery(not driving the bolt far enough rearward to create enough momentum to fully close the bolt on the next round), or the action spring could be getting a bit weak, and causing the same problem... I'd take a good look at the gas O-ring, and make sure the gas port on the barrel is clean - after taking a good look at the firing pin...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#2]
It was chambering the rounds, just not denting the primer.  I looked at the firing pin when I was at the range and it looked fine.  I was kind of thinking that it must somehow be a cycling problem.  I thought this the second time it happened, but the bolt seemed to be all the way forward.  It is possible that there was a gap I just didn't notice, but it all seems kinda weird to me.  thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top