Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 10:03:05 PM EDT
Just got a +4 extension for my 11-87 20 gauge. Installed it and found that I can only load 2-3 shells. The spring from Choate seems way long. Any help about this...how long should it be? Assuming this is the problem.....
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you replace your shell follower with the Choate hi-visibility follower?  If so, try this right quick-switch back to your original follower and keep the choate spring and extension on the gun.  On my 870, the Choate follower would sometimes bind up and prevent me from loading to capacity.  I had to make it a little smaller in circumference to funtion correctly.  Hope this helps-ARKAR.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember also, magazine extensions are usually sold by the number of TOTAL shells they add, INCLUDING one in the chamber.

So if you have a +4 extension, it usually means the tube holds 3 with the 4th in the chamber, so the gun should hold 7 rounds in the tube itself.

The Choate magazine springs are ALWAYS the correct length, so DON'T cut it off or the gun will malfunction.

Also, make sure you remove the factory installed magazine plug.  This is the green plastic rod that's usually in the magazine and is put there to meet Federal regs for Migratory Bird hunting.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top