Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 7:07:12 AM EDT
What do you recommend and what brand?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:26:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually use the 6-shot version - I like a shorter forend anyway.  But if the 6-shot won't fit and I have no interest in changing out the forend, I will use a 4-shot.  On my 870s, for example:

FWIW, I didn't know there was more than one company making them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice pic!
I know TacStar and Wilson make the two I was considering.  I think the Wilson is made of all composite while the TacStar is an aluminum/composite combo.

BTW - How do you like the Streamlight M3 mounts?  I see you have a few.  Does the mount fit tight on the end of the tube or is there free play?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
BTW - How do you like the Streamlight M3 mounts?  I see you have a few.  Does the mount fit tight on the end of the tube or is there free play?

They are very secure and work fine IMO.  I much prefer the dedicated Surefire forends, but they are (as I'm sure you know) quite expensive and I have trouble justifying the cost for anything beyond my two dedicated HD shotties (the "his & hers" 870's in the pic above).

FWIW, the M3 mount on my Benelli Nova Tactical is much more "substantial" than the Steamlight mounts for the 870s, but I like the location of the 870 mount (between the mag tube and the end-cap) better than the location of the Nova mount (clamped around the mag tube, pictured below)...

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Doesnt TacStar make the Wilson Combat sidesaddle?

FWIW I like the 6 round version.  However, if I had to use a 4 round version, I wouldnt hesitate.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Mesa Tactical sells side saddles for left and right hand shooters they seem like there high quality but expensive. I'm going to try one soon when I have some extra money to waste.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Doesnt TacStar make the Wilson Combat sidesaddle?

YOU ARE RIGHT!  I read your post after I ordered the Wilson unit for $6.00 more.  I even called Wilson and verified it.  I hate when I hastily place an order w/o doing a little research.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Mesa Tactical 4shell right side, 6shell left side:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/cervelop2k/CLSUPL1small.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/cervelop2k/CLSUPRsmall.jpg

Those are nice looking they have a 8 shot one too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Correct, but my Surefire M69 aluminum rail forend overlaps slightly with the receiver and will therefore interfere with the 8 shell holder.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#11]
southpaw where did you get your rail for you 870? thinking about doing the same setup you have with a coll. 6pos stock, voltor maybe.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]
The rail was a one-off gunsmithing item, by JC Blauvelt, NY. Shouldn't be to hard to make from base rail sold by Brownells. At the time (early 2003) Vang Comp advertised a similar rail specially made for them by GG&G, but they were sold out at the time I tried to order. Neither Vang Comp nor GG&G still carry this item to my knowledge at present. I also looked at the KAC RAS but disliked a few specifics, not least that you loose the ability to mount side saddle type shell holders.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What do you recommend and what brand?

How many rounds does your Shotgun hold?  The idea is to get rounds into the shotgun to get you back in the fight (or the match, as the case may be)

I'm running a 6 round, by Wilson on my 1100.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top