Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 1:50:54 AM EDT
A friend of mine wants to try trap shooting. I am thinking about taking her, I only have my 12 guage Benelli Nova. What will be the lightest recoiling loads I can get. I have tried Remington STS. But its been so long since I have been trap shooting I was wondering if there was something new there.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:29:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Light birdshots or bulk pack target loads from Wally World are about as light recoiling as you're gunna get out of a shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Winchester makes a light recoil AA, it is a 1oz, 2 3/4 dram load....The wally world shells are 7/8 oz loads 100 packs. I think they may have been in remington packaging.  The federal 100 packs may have been 7/8 also, but I think they were 1oz, I may be wrong here.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#4]
well you want to go light so you dont scare her away from shooting i get you... 2 3/4 1oz. in an 8 is what i usally use in my 1100 and works just fine I dont care about pain its that i sometimes lift my head dont want a bad bite... my uncle started his daughter with a borrowed 870 from a freind he had (lives TOO far away to loan a gun) but he told me you can get 2 1/2 1oz. and they might even make it with 7/8oz. but DONT go so cheap you pick up the bulk federals from wal mart yes they are 1oz. but there 3dram. thats not gonna cut it defintly not with a pump.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#5]
When i said dont go cheap you can find the shells you are looking for at affordibale prices what i mean is dont just pick up the CHEAPEST shells you see unless there 1oz 8s
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top