Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 9:27:10 AM EDT
So I started with a Mossberg "cruiser" model, then I spied the Butler Creek folder at a gun show so I bought it (NIB). So I go to shoot and I can't put my face down low enough to see the sight plain right (bead sight), it appears the stock is too high, so then I put on a red dot optic, that works, but now I'm pissed 'cause I have to switch on the sight to shoot so my weapon is not "high speed, low drag" any more, if I'm working a road block I would have to either leave the optic on and get a dead battery, or try to hastely switch it on as I get ready to shoot!hat

It is OK with optics and probably with ghost ring sights, so I may try to sell it to a guy who wants that.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#1]
There are several stocks, folding and collapseable that do not present this problem.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Sir, but what I really need to know is if this stock is the way it was designed or if BC should replace it? I have an ATI top folder on my 1300 and love it, honestly I thought it was a cheap piece of junk at first glance, what with the addapters that fit 4 or 5 differant weapons, but it proved out.

I just removed the BC stock and the optic and put the original Mossberg grip back on about 30 minutes ago, I just couldn't stand that thing.

Hey CaCruisin, has CA banned pistol grips and top folders on pump shotguns now? I was living there in the '90s and seem to recall seeing in catalogs that they wouldn't ship those to CA.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had a BC side-folder on an 870 for years and never had the problem you describe but I've never tried one on a Mossy, so...

Have you tried e-mailing them?  Asking if the stock you have is intended for use with OEM sights?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the same problem with my 870.  I thought it was ok since I would just be needing to shoot from a distance of 20 ft in a room, but when I tried shooting slugs at 25yds because it became my truck gun I find out I couldn't hit a dern thing. The original wood stock is back on.  

P.s. I wrote BC a letter.  Never heard from them, but maybe they will start doing something to correct this problem if enough people complain.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I had the same problem with my 870.  I thought it was ok since I would just be needing to shoot from a distance of 20 ft in a room, but when I tried shooting slugs at 25yds because it became my truck gun I find out I couldn't hit a dern thing. The original wood stock is back on.  

P.s. I wrote BC a letter.  Never heard from them, but maybe they will start doing something to correct this problem if enough people complain.

Thank you!

Now I feel better knowing I'm not the only one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hey CaCruisin, has CA banned pistol grips and top folders on pump shotguns now? I was living there in the '90s and seem to recall seeing in catalogs that they wouldn't ship those to CA.

There are no laws in CA restricting PUMP shotguns other than the usual overall length rules. You can have a folding, collapsible, sliding pistol grip or any combination and it is legal. Great isn't it?

CaCrusin
www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, BC finaly got back to me! After a week! They said "that's how is't desighned, sorry for any incovienaints"( Stop to chug another beer!)That's all, no offer for retrobution or nothin, that POS made my weapon useless, I count on my weapon for my life, my weapon is my life, I must master my weapon as I must master my life! That POS could of got me killed!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, BC finaly got back to me! After a week! They said "that's how is't desighned, sorry for any incovienaints" ( Stop to chug another beer!) That's all, no offer for retrobution or nothin, that POS made my weapon useless, I count on my weapon for my life, my weapon is my life, I must master my weapon as I must master my life! That POS could of got me killed!

Tell ya what.
How about taking some time off from 'mastering your weapon' and try working on mastering the 3rd Grade English language practicum for remedial vocabulary, grammar and spelling.

This way you will have real a jump-up on mastering your weapon as you'll be able to read and comprehend the manual that comes with it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top