Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 8:05:53 AM EDT
 What  is the general consensus on these. It looks like a Winchester 1300. I think it would be ideal for my purposes. Deer hunting with slugs and buckshot, home defense as well as three-gun matches. I like the idea of the 18" barrel with choke tubes.  Does anyone know what chokes come with it? Will the standard Win-chokes interchange? I understand that the Surefire forearm light for a Winchester 1300 will work. Will the sidesaddle shell holder work?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#1]
surefire will fit so will the side saddle not sure about the chokes
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The FN Police is simply the Winchester Model 1300, manufactured here in the US, shipped to Belgium and assembled and finished as the FN Police.

Winchester and FN are owned by the same corporation.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The FN Police is an 18" cylinder bore barrel, no chokes, they're make for buckshot and slugs, so no chokes.

Brent
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#4]
just get a 1300 defender or a remington 870
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#5]

The FN Police Shotgun has a four-lug rotary bolt that locks directly to the barrel.This design enables very quick disengagement of the bolt after firing for extremely fast follow up shots. In fact, the inertia generated as a shell fires actually starts the forearm and slides movement rearward. Front and rear sights for enhanced accuracy are standard, and the receiver is drilled and tapped.

A tactical choke system
With many agencies using reduced recoil buckshot and slugs, conventional fixed choke shotguns often do not pattern well. All guns are supplied with two screwed in choke tubes, an improved cylinder and modified tube. This versatility enables the police agency to select the appropriate choke for ammunition they are using for tighter, more controlled patterns.

Improved stock length
To facilitate the use by officers wearing body armor or tactical vest , the FN Police Shotgun has a shorter stock. Then length of pull is 13 1/2 inches, which is 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch shorter than most other shotguns. Of course, this makes the FN Police Shotgun easier to use by smaller frame offficers.

As I understand it. Any of the Winchester Winchoke series choke tubes will fit.

The FN Police is closely comparable to Remington's 870 Police series, sporting the Tac choke system,  rifle type adjustable sights, a shorter stock and really nice parkerization.

The Winchester 1300 defender is more closely comparable to the Remington Express series.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Shadrach, thanks for starting this topic. I myself was planning on purchasing a shotgun in the near future and was considering one of these for essentially the same reasons you were.

As far as accuracy with slugs and buckshot is concerned, how will the 18" barrel hold up to a 20" M870 with rifle sights or 22" Win 1300 with rifle sights? Will the barrel length and/or sight radius have a significant impact?

In CDNN Investment's latest catalog, they are offering the FN Police with a SpeedFeed buttstock for $270 (see pg 35).

If you are planning to order through CDNN, I would recommend getting on their mailing list for the promotions they run. Currently they are offering free shipping for orders over $75 with the code "fs75."

ETA: It looks like at least one person was able to put a mag extension on their 1300 without changing barrels: GunsAmerica link.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top