Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 5:12:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:55:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Aimless, on my590 I had to take the assembly completely off because of a burr on the thread.you should only have to use your thumb, to move the serrated part left or right. Or a quarter in the slot. Do penquins have thumbs? Gary
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#2]
aimless,
Yes you do have to remove most of the bayo lug in order to keep the light bezel from getting smashed on it when the FG is moved forward.  I used a bench grinder cause i thought i could keep most of mine and wanted to take a little off at a time.  A file, hacksaw or dremel with a c/o wheel will all work just fine.  As for refinishing i just used a sharpie!

BTW you can shorten the LOP on those SF stocks by almost an inch with a handsaw and a belt sander.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top