Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2005 3:20:51 PM EDT
I plan on running iron sights on an 870 project Im getting together
any recommendations on waht to put on the 870 RAS that I have...
I have my eotech sitting around on which to place on this also
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
any suggestions
what are you guys using
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You mean like this?

From here:
www.tacticalshotgun.ca/content_nonsub/shotguns/shotgun_accessories.html

If you want the BUIS to co-witness with your optics, you can just use AR sights, like the Troys I think are shown above.  The irons look a bit high in the pic, you might want a spacer on the Aimpoint mount.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
555R,

I have my 870 outfitted exactly as shown in the photo above EXCEPT,...I use an EOTech, like you will be using, instead of the Aimpoint as shown, I have an 18" barrel and a longer magazine tube to go with it (+2 rounds).  

I like the large "donut" apertuire on the EOTech for speed and for use with shot.  The central dot (similar to an Aimpoint) is good for longer shots using slugs.

If you have the 870 RAS, just buy the rest ASAP.  It goes together quickly. The Magpul stock is fantastic!  I now own two of them.  The TROY sights are second to none.  The Surefire fore end light and the Surefire battery cells are specially made to handle the heavy recoil of a shotgun.

You will also want a sling.

GO FOR IT!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#4]
hahaha
mike im gathering everything as we speak
I have the 20" 870P
Argonaut grip same grip but no buttstock just yet
Knights rail
Eotech

so im looking for the buttstock
and an 18" beadsight barrel & mag extension
iron sights
i just cant go with the 14" as its an SBR in dirty jersey

im thinking about the Vltor clubfoot setup
irons no idea just yet
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#5]
That MAGPUL stock is expensive but I don't regret buying either one of the two I have.  Getting the correct LOP is important on a shotgun, especially when you are using heavy loads like magnum buck shot and magnum slugs.  It also allows the user, who might be someone other than you, to tailor the LOP to their frame.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]
hey please post some pics of your setup
the argonaut one looks too much like a studio picture and I want to get a good idea of the detail on  your setup
thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I never took any pictures.  Honest, it looks just like that photo.  It's awesome!  It's like something out of a Buck Rogers movie.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAH!  

That is the most rediculous abomination I have ever seen.  

Looks like something that came out of a sci-fi film.

I'm reminded of that photoshop of an AR-15 with accessories hanging out the wazoo.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Typical type of response from a New Yorker, eh, 555R?  

You got one?  Ever used one?  Didn't think so.  Try one some day.  They are great.  If you haven't or don't care to, then perhaps you wouldn't mind keeping your ignorant comments to yourself.  If you have, perhaps you'd care to share some pertinent comments with us all.

The MAGPUL M93 stock is in line with the barrel reducing muzzle rise to a minimum, reducing perceived recoil and making follow up shots faster.

The KAC 870 RAS is a very nice unit.  Too bad they don't make them anymore.  The demand seemed to start after production ended.

The EoTech is just about perfect for a shotgun sight.  Large ring close up, center dot for longer slug shots.

The Surefire forend is,...well, if you don't understand weapon lights, then I'm totally wasting my time here.

Let's see here, that's KAC, Magpul, EoTech and Surefire.  Yep, I'll stand by this as a quality piece of equipment.  I'd trust my life to me and mine.

I'm working on a sling for it now so I can carry it and keep my hand(s) free.

P.S. - CitySlicker, better stay out of Joisey.  According to this thread, there's gonna be one of these over on the other side of the Harbor soon.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Typical type of response from a New Yorker, eh?  

You got one?  Ever used one?  Didn't think so.  Try one some day.  They are great.  If you haven't or don't care to, then perhaps you wouldn't mind keeping your ignorant comments to yourself.  If you have, perhaps you'd care to share some pertinent comments with us all.

The MAGPUL M93 stock is in line with the barrel reducing muzzle rise to a minimum, reducing perceived recoil and making follow up shots faster.

The KAC 870 RAS is a very nice unit.  Too bad they don't make them anymore.  The demand seemed to start after production ended.

The EoTech is just about perfect for a shotgun sight.  Large ring close up, center dot for longer slug shots.

The Surefire forend is,...well, if you don't understand weapon lights, then I'm totally wasting my time here.

Let's see here, that's KAC, Magpul, EoTech and Surefire.  Yep, I'll stand by this as a quality piece of equipment.  I'd trust my life to me and mine.

How is that anymore effective than my $400 version.

How much you have into that shotgun, my guess is $1000 plus, easy. I guess it's just not my cup of tea. I fail to see the problem with just sighting off a bead.  AT the very least, the buis are total overkill.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Remember this:  Two is one., one is none.     The BUIS is a bit much and one would hope to never to need them.  They are cool.  They work well.  They are identical to the ones on my AR, so there's a commonality there.  When, after many, many rounds, the EoTech proves it can handle the recoil I might consider taking the BUIS off, not before

Ever see guys miss a full-sized pepper popper at 15 to 20 yards when sighting off a bead?  I have, many times, too many times.

I used my 870 box stock for years.  After putting this one together, I would never go back.  You have to handle it and shoot it to fully appreciate it.  It's better balanced, especailly when fully loaded.  The LOP is perfect thanks to the adjustable Magpul stock.  

How do you manage a flashlight and a 12 gage without a weapon light?

Last time I was at the range, I put 5 full power slug rounds into a 6" circle at 100 yards, rapid fire from the standing position (approximately 5 to 10 seconds, next time I will time it).  Try THAT with only a bead front sight.  

You are correct, it was relatively expensive.  If any part of it wasn't working for me, I would ditch it.  

You are not objecting based on STYLE are you?  

Hey, I'm not going to defend this piece of gear anymore.  It works.  You don't like it, fine.  I do.  I just bet if you handled one and shot one you might change your mind.  555R, I hope you like yours, too, when you get yours together.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:55:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Typical type of response from a New Yorker, eh, 555R?  

P.S. - CitySlicker, better stay out of Joisey.  According to this thread, there's gonna be one of these over on the other side of the Harbor soon.

Jeez, you CA guys are sensitive.

To be honest with you, it was the Troy BUIS that did it for me, not to mention the Aimpoint M2 (an EOTech is understandable).
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#13]
City_Slicker,

Sensitive, NAH!  I lived in New York for 12 years.  Where in the state are you located?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.tacticalshotgun.ca/pics/shotguns/argonaut_870_small.jpg

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAH!  
That is the most rediculous abomination I have ever seen.  
Looks like something that came out of a sci-fi film.
I'm reminded of that photoshop of an AR-15 with accessories hanging out the wazoo.

+1

(Bunch of Airsoft-goobers)
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
City_Slicker,

Sensitive, NAH!  I lived in New York for 12 years.  Where in the state are you located?

Nassau County (Long Isalnd).

Where do you hail from?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top