Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 2:20:41 PM EDT
It just started happening yesterday after about 25-30 shells. It cycles normally through all the other shots, but when I try to pump the last shell out, the slide won't budge. It happened like three times in a row. This is a relatively new gun, I've only got about 200-250 shells through it. I was using cheap-ass Wal-Mart ammo, 100 shells for $15 (Winchester), but this is what I usually use and I've never had a problem before. Any help is appreciated,

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You may have a piece of plastic fragment off one of your spent shells jamming up the works.  I recommend disassembly.  Just push out those trigger pins, remove the barrel, get the thing apart and clean it out.  If it is something else, a close inspection may reveal the issue.

When my Rem 1100 started jamming at a trap shoot, I found, not one, but three primers inside the action that had dislodged from shells.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I just took it apart, and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. It was kinda hard getting the slide off though, sorta felt stuck. I'm almost thinking it's an issue with the slide, because the times it jammed, the slide was absolutely stuck, and when I finally got the barrel off, the "jammed" shell was just sitting in the chamber, not jammed at all.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Does relatively new mean less than 30 days?  If so, take it back for an exchange, or make them fix it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#4]
No, I've had it for several months. I put it back together and pumped a bunch of shells through it with no problems at all. Remington has to have some kind of warranty that lasts longer than 30 days...?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:27:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, the last shell is empty. I didn't take apart the trigger housing, and I didn't try pushing the action bar tab when it happened. I guess I'll see if it happens again, and try pushing the tab if it does. If that doesnt work, I'll take apart the trigger housing. This isnt the first time I've taken the bolt assembly out, but I've never taken the trigger housing out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:46:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No, I've had it for several months. I put it back together and pumped a bunch of shells through it with no problems at all. Remington has to have some kind of warranty that lasts longer than 30 days...?

Yes, they do, but you will have to ship it somewhere to authorized repair station.  I was refering to point-of-purchase.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:46:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top