Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 4:32:48 AM EDT
What do you guys use for a tactical sling for your shotie.

With pics. please.

Can you do a 3 point sling with a shotie.

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I did this for my 1100 and FP6 and it worked great, you just need to make the mounting points...
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
go with a single point, 3 points get in the way.  In the last tactical shotgun class i took all the guys who started out the class with 3 point slings bought single point slings in the end.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been doing a little research on this too. Found that I am leaning toward a Specter MOUT sling with a plate that mounts behind the receiver. Seems like the single loop idea would work better for me.

But...I blew the engine in my lawnmower this week so my money is now shifting toward that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Spectre Gear (used to be CQB) makes very good 3 point slings for shotties...here

www.spectergear.com/cqb_sling.htm

+1
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I need a sling for my m590. I wondered how a 3 point would
work on a pump. I may go single point after all.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a TROY single point sling and frankly,...I don't get it.  

What's so great about single point slings?  You have no control over the weapon if you let go of it - it flops and slops all over.  It's like you have a 10 pound pendulum swinging beneath your chest.

With a two or three point sling, your weapon is where YOU put it and it stays there (more or less).  

As soon as I can get to REI, I am going to MAKE on of TruePunisher's three pointers and use that for a while.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I just installed this setup on my 870 MAX.  It's my first single point.  It does the job.  I like it because it gets the gun out of my way when transitioning to my side arm.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top