Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2005 9:36:06 AM EDT
I am sure this question has been asked and answered before, so please forgive the redundancy:
What do you recommend for a folding stock for the Remy 870?  I would prefer one that folds over the top if it accomodates ghost rings sights.  Also, I wouldn't mind if the folder could hold a few spare rounds hug.gif  
Thanks in advance!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at the COPstock Folder from Knoxx Industries. In addition to being extremely sturdy and durable, it also reduces the recoil so significantly that you can actually shoot your shotgun like a pistol (one-handed) without any pain or discomfort. Ask around, it works.

CaCrusin
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a CopStock and it is the only folder I would buy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the Remington metal top-folder. It was made by Remington for the Police Magnum 870. Very ergonomical and solid as a rock.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I use the Remington metal top-folder. It was made by Remington for the Police Magnum 870. Very ergonomical and solid as a rock.

Do you know where I might procure one?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Check eBay. The generally on their from time to time. Also, a local gun show will usually have one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:19:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Check eBay. The generally on their from time to time. Also, a local gun show will usually have one.

Do you know it this over the top folder accomodates the ghost ring rear sight on my PMax?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes it will.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes it will.

Sweet!! Thus begins the great search hippie.gif
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate to differ from a fellow AR15.commer, but I have to STRONGLY disagree with the recommendation to use a Remington Folder for your shotgun.

I had the Remington Top Folder and that stock is a BRUTAL beasty to shoot!

If you are going to put a folder on a shotgun (I STRONGLY do NOT recommend a folder on any shotgun you are counting on for Serious Self Defense! ) I would not use any other stock than the Knoxx COP stock (best of a bad situation if you insist on going with a folder!)

Ask anyone who owns one that the KNOXX stock is MoJo Magic when it comes to comfort in shooting.

The Remington Folder will Punch the web of your hand, the metal buttplate will Beat your shoulder HARD and the metal side rails will Bash your face with each and every shot!  NO FUN!!!!!

(A) Really Serious shooters do NOT use folder stocks on their Serious (life or death) shotguns.

(B) If you insist on a folder, You can get a superior KNOXX Stock (Brand New!!) for just about what you would pay for a beat / used Remington Folder.  (Remember that there is a reason that these Remington Folder stocks are all out there on the market floating around without their attached shotgun!!)

Just my two cents.  I have the Knoxx COMP stock (fixed conventional type) and I swear it is the best money I ever invested in any of my guns!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I shoot mine and it does not beat my shoulder to hell. I think if you can't handle it... Of course I am masochistic like that. I am a big ol' boy too. That probably helps.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Spartan,

I'm a big ol' boy too, and I have WAY too much time behind the trigger shooting shotguns.

I'm a former M.P. company instructor and had the pleasure of teaching many many troopers how to shoot the shotgun quickly and accurately.

I like the IDEA of the Remington Folder, (Hey compact and out of the way when you don;t need it and there when you do)   If you notice photos, the SEALS took off their Remington Folders and replaced them with the SAGE slider adjustable stocks. (they have a rubber recoil pad and the side "arms" of this stock flex noticably on firing to reduce some of the recoil.)

If you love your Remington folder, then all I can say is "Right On Brother & More Power too Ya'!"

Different Strokes for Different Folks (if you know what I mean you Big Ol' Masochisitic Macho Man )

Good Luck and Good Shooting in whatever you choose!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I suppise that people do exist who actually like shooting an 870 with the factory folder, but I would seriously have to sit down and consider my choices if required to shoot 100rd. of full power Buck and 1oz. slugs thru one of those puppies or just get my ass beat up by Mike Tyson!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Well it's on an older wingmaster that only takes 2 3/4 inchers. Maybe that has something to do with it? I still don't find it abusive with buckshot or sluugers. Maybe others do. Ahh whatever. It's my trunk gun. Lotta fun though!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:08:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I suppise that people do exist who actually like shooting an 870 with the factory folder, but I would seriously have to sit down and consider my choices if required to shoot 100rd. of full power Buck and 1oz. slugs thru one of those puppies or just get my ass beat up by Mike Tyson!

If I could be assured that I'd keep my ears....I'd pick Tyson!!!

Seriously.....unless you really, really REALLY "need" a folding stock, I'd stick with either a "standard" wood stock or synthetic stock/p.grip setup.

.......though to be honest.....the Remmy top folding stock does look "bad-assed"   LOL  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I have shot my 870 with Remington top folder extensively and find it very comfortable. BUT, if you are going to blast away with 3" Magnums then I guess it would start to hurt. 3" loads just are not necessary in a defense shotgun, they are really intended for hunting, where you might take one or two shots in the course of an afternoon and the denser shot load increases your chance of hitting a buck at a longer range. If you are using reasonable defense loads in 2 3/4, the Remington folding stock is quite comfortable to shoot. In fact, I find it less punishing than the factory wood stock, due in large part to the slight flex in the metal folder that absorbs some of the recoil energy.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#16]
How does anyone feel about the Choate MK6 stock?  Anyone have one?  
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
BUT, if you are going to blast away with 3" Magnums then I guess it would start to hurt. 3" loads just are not necessary in a defense shotgun, they are really intended for hunting, where you might take one or two shots in the course of an afternoon and the denser shot load increases your chance of hitting a buck at a longer range. If you are using reasonable defense loads in 2 3/4, the Remington folding stock is quite comfortable to shoot.  

Though not really relevent to Remmy 870's......I shoot mostly 3" Mags thru my Benelli M-1 S.90 because of the "inertia-lock blowback" locking system...she actually runs/cycles quicker with the "hotter" magnums.
I loose 1 shell in total capacity......but can have 6 spent shells in the air at once!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top