Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2005 12:18:40 PM EDT
Co-Worker is in the midst of planning a build and needs a host gun. Bottom line, it must be parked, so at a minimum so we are looking at used 870P's, but I can find but one online, and it's over priced. Any places I'm missing?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are new prices, right?  I think he's looking for a used one.  

Should be able to pick one up for ~$175, but I haven't seen any lately.

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have searched and cannot find the screen name...srb or srt maybe?...but there was a guy on the EE who had a few recently at about $275 each...very good condition and a very good price. There were also many older Wingmasters produced as LEO guns with factory parked finish...it did not begin with the Police Models.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#5]
That guy would be me but I am all out now. Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have never seen any for under $200.00. The police models hold their value. MIKE.

I have two that I bought for $160 & $175.  Both Police models, parked, one with a night sight bead, one with rifle sights.

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Check the EE board for Tscheimer.  I think has has a few right now .
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd also check the gun shows, about 5 yrs ago my dad got a police trade in at a gun show in San Antonio for about 200, it was park'ed, had wood furniture and was in excellent condition.  the guy that sold it to my dad said that that specific one was one issued to a certain officer, hence the good condition, and the rest were ones used for training puposes and were visibly more beat up.

he took it to a gunsmith in Laredo, TX to get it checked out and everything was in good condition, no parts had to be replaced.  it also had an engraving in the reciever with the initials of the p.d. and a stock number.  he put about 50 rds through it throu out the years and never had a problem.

he ended up trading it for a mini 14 and sold the mini for 400 bucks last year to finance his first AR.

I on the other hand got a new one with synthetic furniture for about 450 + tax.  i didnt want a used one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Check the EE board for Tscheimer.  I think has has a few right now .

I bought one in November for something like $150

edit: they are Arkansas State Police trade ins
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#11]
How much would a standard 870 cost? It's always possible to purchase one and send it to Wilson Combat to perform parkerizing, etc. (the service is dubbed the "Remington Steal"). It does cost ~$200 if I recall correctly, so you would have to locate an exceptionally well-priced 870 to get your money's worth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top