Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2004 4:31:21 PM EDT
Say it aint so Joe...
It is illegal to put the extension tube and coll. stock?

Yeah yeah I know I know they aren't gonna knock your door down if you have one but I just dont risk little stupid things like that.  Just my luck Id be shooting it somewhere and be next to a BATF agent or something...  If I cant shoot it and enjoy it without worry I dont want it.

I had just placed an order for one the other day and the dealer promised to get me the stock and tube from Benellli as they are "on the boat" but if this is all true I am telling him I can not follow through with the order.
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#1]
don;t deny yourelf
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I think this thread answers your question.

-Leonovicz
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Leonovicz thank you...
I read that and was just keeping my fingers crossed that something changed since the thread was locked...
Well I am about to start to get slammed in the message boards (not here I dont think) as I am backing out of a deal BUT the only reason I went into the deal was the dealer said that Benelli was bringing in the new stocks and extended tubes and Id have no problem with them....

Better safe than sorry...
I have a HK Benelli M1 and M3 (both of which have both stocks) that will take care of my needs with my Remington 870 Marine that has the AR 15 stock, my Mossberg with the laser and Pistol Grip, Franchi Spas 12, Saiga, Remington 1187 Police. So I think I am set with shotguns (PS I also do have a real hunting shotgun too)  Anything I missing for tac?
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
It seems tha jury is still out on this, so to speak, as Benelli is still holding firm that they have prior approval from BATF. "ipguy" has requested specific documentation between Benelli & ATF in regard to this, but I've seen nothing of it yet. That was about a month (or so) ago, but it may still take some time before he receives the documents.
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 4:53:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Well when they figure all of that out I will look into one...
They will be out there.
Sure I may have to wait a couple months but thats no big deal.

Thanks for everyones help.

From a legal stand these are a no no, sure that may change when Benelli shows this mystery letter and then I will be standing in line begging for one.

I think that covers it and this thread can die now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Was there ever an update to the legal status of these with the coll. stock and all?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
No update.  M4M seems to be the point man on it, and I'm sure he'll post soon.  He's the one with the ATF letter.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No update.  M4M seems to be the point man on it, and I'm sure he'll post soon.  He's the one with the ATF letter.  

I haven't heard anything from Benelli since I faxed them the copy of the BATF letter, other than a reply e-mail stating that they'd received the fax.

When Benelli starts importing full-feature M1014 shotguns with NO LEO markings, I'll assume then that they are legal for civilians to own because the government would have to approve Form 6's for importation.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]
What is a 'marked' LEO?  I have one with 'M4LE' on the side.

And where can I get a mag extention?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow I did not know these took mags????

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What is a 'marked' LEO?  I have one with 'M4LE' on the side.

Yours is an LEO (Law Enforcement Only) model. Did it come with a working telestock?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wow I did not know these took mags????

wow, you're funny AND cool.  excerpt from BATF letter:

..."A shotgun with a telescoping stock or a magazine greater than 5 rounds is prohibited from importation into the United States..."

to M4, yes it did.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Personally I've put off my M4 buy until all the legal crap gets straightened out.  In the meantime, time to pick up some WWII era relics.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
to M4, yes it did.

Yeah, that's a very grey area. Domestic LEO firearms are now legal for civilians since the '94 ban sunsetted. Shotguns like the M4LE were imported for law enforcement only. If they cannot be imported for civilians, then the LE versions are not to be sold to civilans. The '94 ban had nothing to do with foreign firearms.

It appears to me that when the BATF issued a letter after the sunset saying that LEO markings no longer mattered, people (and FFL's) just assumed that it meant all LEO firearms, when I believe that it only meant domestic ones. If the BATF doesn't allow importation of the full-feature M4 shotguns, then the LE models will also not be allowed for civilian ownership.

Hopefully it will all get worked out soon in our favor.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top