Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 4:39:31 PM EDT

It is unlawful to carry or possess a loaded rifle or shotgun in or on a motor vehicle within the right of way of a public highway. Exempt are law enforcement officers and hunters who are paraplegic or have a "severe physical disability" and have been issued a permit by the fish and game commissioner.
- Vermont state gun laws

Does that mean I can have one in my car...but not within the right of way of a  public highway? (On/off ramps?)

Normally I keep it on the backseat... was wondering if i can stand it up between driver and passanger like in cop cars and still be within the laws. Not that I use it THAT much, but would bring the old mean of riding shotgun back.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Does that mean I can have one in my car...but not within the right of way of a  public highway? (On/off ramps?)

In Texas, PA, WA and OR a public highway means any public road.  I suspect it is the same way in Vermont.

mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top