Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 9:29:01 PM EDT
Hello I'm interested in purchasing one of these stock adapters for my 870, and I'm more inclined towards Mesa's.  But I dont want to use optics, so my question is what kind of iron sights can I use without having to install a full length rail?  Is there any front sights like the one on the FN Shotgun?  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I regret to inform you that our High-tube kits require the use of rail-mounted optics.

We emulate the geometry of an AR-15 at the back of our adapter.  This means we have a high cheek weld.  The cheek weld is so high that you are looking down on the receiver and barrel, so receiver-mounted sights cannot be used.

We share this characteristic with the Cavalry Arms and FN Police Tactical adapters.  The only reason FN can accomodate ghost rings is because they also install a tall AR-15 style front post on their guns.  Since these posts are not available on the aftermarket, users of Mesa Tactical's High-tube adapters must utilize optics.

I hate to do it, but if you cannot abide optics, we'll have to refer you to our competitor Argonaut Armaments.  They make a cast aluminum adapter with a lower cheek weld.  We would rather you went to a competitor than for you to be misled into buying our product and being unhappy about it.  And we would rather you purchased from someone like Argonaut than a manufacturer of cheap plastic adapters like ATI.

If you can wait until Spring of 2005, however, we will introduce our Low-tube line which will feature a very low cheek weld .  It will look something like this:

http://www.mesatactical.com/news/images/low-tube_mossberg.jpg
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply Mesa, I had already checked out the other websites products and I like yours best.  I like the ability to add rails on the side and a sling.  I checked out argonauts website again and noticed that they have coming soon a "Rear/Front Rail Adapter and Barrel Clamp" do you all have anything like this in the works?  If not I guess I can wait until they start selling this and buy your stock adapter to make the ultra tactical shotgun I want.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I checked out argonauts website again and noticed that they have coming soon a "Rear/Front Rail Adapter and Barrel Clamp" do you all have anything like this in the works?  

Yes we do.  I had thought Argonaut discontinued their work on that, opting to recommend the Knight RAS-870 instead.  I could be thinking about something else, though.

We will have our barrel clamp protos in here around the first.  We have a lot of applications in mind for it, some practical (like a SIRS), some maybe not quite so practical (like a bayonet mount).
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought one of Mesa's adaptors and my plan is to put AR type sights on it using a Knights Armament Rail system made for the 870. Unfortunately I am unable to find sites that are stocking these at the moment.  Go to the news section at argonauts armament to see the rail i'm talking about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top