Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 9:10:41 PM EDT
After careful evaluation and dumb noob questions I put on layaway a rem. 870 police magnum, 18" barrel, ghost ring sights, magazine extension, synthetic stocks, park finished shotty.  For $550 including tax, and I get 4 mths to pay it off.

Did I get a good deal?  after reading countless threads here and on other forums I picked what seemed to be the best shotgun for the the money.

Thanks for all the good info.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If your happy, we're happy. Sounds like a good scattergun. Similar to what I have.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a remington 870 express magnum for $279.  18 in barrell, mag extension, bead sight.  I'm not sure of other differences between the two, but I'm sure you'll love your shotty.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:33:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Good Choice. You wont regret the "P" series. -Justin
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bought a remington 870 express magnum for $279.  18 in barrell, mag extension, bead sight.  I'm not sure of other differences between the two, but I'm sure you'll love your shotty.

here is the difference between express and police models, I got this info from vang comp website:

"What is the difference between a Remington Express and a Police Magnum?"
The Remington Police Magnum shotgun is built heavier to withstand the
abuse and pounding that police departments inflict on their gear.  It has a
metal trigger assembly versus the Express's plastic assembly.  The Police
Magnum also has heavier springs (7 lb. sear disconnect spring versus's the
Express's 5 lb. disconnect spring).  The Police Magnum has a 22 inch
magazine spring versus a 16 inch magazine spring in the Express.  
The Police gun comes with a heavier lifter spring.  Each Police Magnum
comes with front and rear sling swivel studs.  These are just some of the
differences in the two guns.  Remember, you get exactly what you pay for.  
Both models function the same and digest the same ammo, so if you are
inclined to inflict this type of punishment on your guns then consider a
Police Magnum.  Otherwise the Express model will serve you very well.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I checked gunsamerica.com and found the following:

Remington model #4903- 870 police mag, wood stock, extended mag, park finish, bead sight, $420.00 GA#976486708

Remington model #4891- 870 police mag, synthetic stock, no extended mag, rifle sights, park finish, $453.00 GA#976486690

Of course these prices would be + shipping + FFL transfer. So your price might be a few pennies high but it is from a local dealer who is doing a layaway. If that is what you need then I would pay the extra. I have a FFL that I use and he gives me rock bottom prices but it is COD. If I see something that I must have and have no money I have a shop that will do layaway like yours but charges 20% over cost + tax.

A gun on layaway is better than no gun at all. MIKE.

Thats what i was thinking when he posted. Its a little high, but after you factor in shipping FFL and all that jazz... eh. Of course don't forget about the Ghost Ring sights. Those can be worth a pretty penny, and them having them installed isn't cheap either. I say you got a deal. Being able to have it on layaway is almost worth the little extra.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#7]
You did just fine. Sounds like you got exactly what you wanted.

When you buy the best, you only cry ONCE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top